A selection of David Taylor's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Taylor’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Taylor’s full vote analysis page for more.
What steps he is taking to increase the security of older people in Northern Ireland.
While I welcome the new "Safer Ageing" strategy, is it not the case that the recent spate of burglaries and attacks on older people in Northern Ireland has had a devastating impact on the individuals affected, and will it not in turn have created a deeper fear of crime across the older population? What practical measures are there in the new plan to reduce that corrosive level of fear?
I am listening very carefully to what the Minister has to say. Does he agree that the bigger polyclinics that are envisaged-where a patient may go and, in a sense, be allocated at random a doctor from a very large panel-will make it very difficult indeed to build a relationship of the type that has been the foundation of our health service since 1948, which is that between a patient and a...
More of David Taylor’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for North West Leicestershire
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 26 December 2009 — Died
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Departmental Official Hospitality
- Mental Health
- Smuggling: Tobacco
- Health Services: Regulation
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 29 Dec 2009)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 29 Dec 2009)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Equality Bill Committee (1 out of 20)
- Chairman, Saving Gateway Accounts Bill Committee (4 out of 5)
- Chairman, Local Transport Bill Committee (4 out of 10)
- Chairman, Child Maintenance and Other Payments Bill Committee (4 out of 11)
- Chairman, Pensions Bill Committee (6 out of 12)
- Chairman, Financial Mutuals Arrangements Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Northern Ireland (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Chairman, Consumer Credit Bill Committee (2 out of 4)
- Chairman, Northern Ireland (Offences) Bill Committee (2 out of 6)
- Chairman, Regulation of Financial Services (Land Transactions) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (1 out of 4)
- Chairman, Terrorism (Northern Ireland) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Bill Committee (3 out of 10)
- Chairman, Gender Recognition Bill Committee (3 out of 6)
- Chairman, Promotion of Volunteering Bill Committee (1 out of 4)
- Chairman, Asylum and Immigration (Treatment of Claimants, etc.) Bill Committee (4 out of 13)
- Chairman, European Parliament (Representation) Bill Committee (1 out of 6)
- National Lottery (Funding of Endowments) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Tobacco Advertising and Promotion Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Tobacco Advertising and Promotion Bill Committee (6 out of 7)
- Finance Bill Committee (5 out of 7)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 231 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 164 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.69% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 33 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 758 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from