How Desmond Swayne voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately for reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Desmond Swayne hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Speak for yourself!
I have it on command from Her Majesty the Queen to acquaint the House that Her Majesty, having been informed of the purport of the Prime Minister (Replacement) Bill, has consented to place her prerogative, in so far as it is affected by the Bill, at the disposal of Parliament for the purposes of the Bill.
More of Desmond Swayne's recent appearances
Conservative MP for New Forest West
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Territorial Army
- New Forest
- Reserve Forces
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (22 Oct 2012 to 28 Oct 2013)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Parliamentary Private Secretary To the Leader of the Opposition (16 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Defence Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 8 Feb 2006)
- Parliamentary Private Secretaries To Leader of the Opposition (9 Sep 2004 to 6 Dec 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Local and Devolved Government Affairs (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.55% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 92 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Desmond Swayne’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 459 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Major, Territorial Army. Address: Army Pay Office, Brown Street, Glasgow.
1 August 2013, I received £174.98 for 2 days military
training on 13-14 July 2013. (Registered 12 December 2013)
1 October 2013, I received £174.98 for 2 days military
training on 14-15 September 2013. (Registered 12 December 2013)
8. Land and Property
Two residential leasehold flats in West London
, for which rent is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.