How Desmond Swayne voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Desmond Swayne hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
I begin by congratulating my hon. Friend the Member for Rochford and Southend East (James Duddridge) on his success in securing this debate and on the passion and commitment that he has shown in the speech he has just delivered. I also pay tribute to his record of championing this issue over a long period. In his opening remarks, he set out the number of years he served on the International...
The information is as follows: (a) One; (b) One
Navigational lights will be installed on natural obstacles within the national conservation areas on the island. The navigational lights will be located at The Barn, Great Stone Top, Horse Point, Bencoolen, and King and Queen's Rocks. All of these areas are within the Airport Development Area agreed by St Helena Government.
More of Desmond Swayne's recent appearances
Conservative MP for New Forest West
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Territorial Army
- New Forest
- Reserve Forces
Other offices held in the past
- The Vice-Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Household (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Administration Committee (22 Oct 2012 to 28 Oct 2013)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Parliamentary Private Secretary To the Leader of the Opposition (16 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Defence Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 8 Feb 2006)
- Parliamentary Private Secretaries To Leader of the Opposition (9 Sep 2004 to 6 Dec 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Local and Devolved Government Affairs (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.75% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 99 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Desmond Swayne’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 460 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Major, Territorial Army. Address: Army Pay Office, Brown Street, Glasgow.
1 August 2013, I received £174.98 for 2 days military
training on 13-14 July 2013. (Registered 12 December 2013)
1 October 2013, I received £174.98 for 2 days military
training on 14-15 September 2013. (Registered 12 December 2013)
8. Land and Property
Two residential leasehold flats in West London
, for which rent is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.