If after the due diligence the eventual payment that this country is asked to make is outside the norms, will the Prime Minister give this House a vote?
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what recent estimate his Department has made of the cost per tonne of carbon saved by subsidy to (a) onshore wind, (b) offshore wind, (c) dedicated biomass generation plant, (d) biomass conversion and (e) biomass generation produced by combustion of imports of biomass from the US.
More of Graham Stringer's recent appearances
Labour MP for Blackley and Broughton
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Manchester, Blackley
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Renewable Energy: Heating
- Renewable Energy
- Bus Services
Currently held offices
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee
- Member, Transport Committee
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (21 Jan 2013 to 24 Feb 2014)
- Member, Commons Science and Technology Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (29 Nov 2006 to 20 Aug 2008)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (18 Jan 2006 to 8 Dec 2006)
- Member, Transport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Government Whip (technically a Lords Commissioner, HM Treasury) (12 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office (17 Nov 1999 to 11 Jun 2001)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 41 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 153 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Graham Stringer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 322 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Oct 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for opinion surveys:
Payment of £75 for Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 10 December 2013)
Payment of £75 for Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 22 January 2014)
Payment of £75 for Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 27 March 2014)
Payment of £75 for Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 19 May 2014)
Payment of £75 for Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 26 June 2014)
Payment of £75 for Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 8 October 2014)
Payments from YouGov
plc, 50 Featherstone Road, London EC1Y 8RT, for online surveys:
Payment of £80. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 25 November 2013)
Payment of £80. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 8 January 2014)
Payment of £80. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 16 June 2014)
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for completing parliamentary panel surveys:
Payment of £200. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 2 January 2014)
Payment of £200. Hours: 90 mins. (Registered 24 September 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from