Gary Streeter campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel - email them now.
Gary Streeter’s voting in Parliament
Gary Streeter is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Gary Streeter sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Gary Streeter generally voted against university tuition fees, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gary Streeter’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gary Streeter’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gary Streeter has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Order. I remind the hon. Gentleman that when he says “you” he is referring to the Chair.
We now move on to the Front-Bench speeches. It is worth pointing out that the debate can go on until 4.26 pm, but of course it does not have to.
We are waiting for one or two colleagues to return, but I think that we are able to get under way, so I call Fiona Mactaggart to answer the intervention that was made 20 minutes ago.
More of Gary Streeter’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South West Devon
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Plymouth, Sutton
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- North Korea
- Drugs Strategy
- Mobile Phones
- Craig Murray
- People Trafficking
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 12 Jan 2009)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (since 9 Oct 2006)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jun 2003 to 1 Jun 2004)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (15 Oct 2002 to 5 Jan 2004)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 5 Jan 2004)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (1 Jul 2001 to 1 Jul 2002)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (2 Jun 1998 to 18 Sep 2001)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jun 1997 to 1 Jun 1998)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Lord Chancellor's Department) (2 Jun 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Assistant Whip (Law Officers) (7 Jul 1995 to 28 Nov 1996)
- Member, Environment Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 1 Mar 1993)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Welfare Reform and Work Bill Committee (6 out of 11)
- Chairman, ACCESS TO MEDICAL TREATMENTS (INNOVATION) BILL Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Finance Bill Committee (2 out of 5)
- Chairman, Finance (No. 2) Bill Committee (5 out of 9)
- Chairman, European Union (Referendum) Bill Committee (2 out of 6)
- Chairman, National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (2 out of 4)
- Chairman, MARRIAGE (SAME SEX COUPLES) BILL Committee (7 out of 13)
- Chairman, Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill Committee (2 out of 20)
- Chairman, Identity Documents Bill Committee (2 out of 5)
- Estates of Deceased Persons (Forfeiture Rule and Law Of Succession) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Savings Accounts and Health in Pregnancy Grant Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Chairman, Protection of Freedoms Bill Committee (11 out of 20)
- Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Racial and Religious Hatred Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Health and Social Care (Community Health and Standards) Bill Committee (16 out of 23)
- Regional Assemblies (Preparations) Bill Committee (4 out of 5)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Jun 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for completing surveys:
7 July 2015
, payment of £200. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 21 July 2015)
14 January 2016
, payment of £200. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 19 January 2016)
From 29 September 2014
to July 2015, for four days a week I will receive the services of an intern under CARE
’s educational Leadership Programme, 53 Romney Street, London SW1P 3RF, who will also be paid an additional allowance from my staff budget. (Registered 08 October 2014
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Janet Streeter, as part-time Junior Parliamentary Researcher.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from