We don't know whether John Spellar campaigned to leave, or stay in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel - email them now.
John Spellar’s voting in Parliament
John Spellar is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, John Spellar sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
John Spellar generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of John Spellar’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit John Spellar’s full vote analysis page for more.
John Spellar has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, if he will take steps to ensure that his Department's purchasing policies support British (a) industry and (b) agriculture.
What estimate she has made of changes in the number of Border Force personnel over the course of this Parliament.
I thank the Home Secretary for that reply and I endorse her sentiments about the appalling events in Orlando. What impression of the UK does the right hon. Lady feel people get at our airports when faced with huge immigration queues, yet vast numbers of immigration officers’ desks are unoccupied? Does the Home Office not know what is going on, or does it not care? What is she going to...
More of John Spellar’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Warley
Entered the House of Commons on 28 October 1982 — unknown
Also represented Warley West; Birmingham, Northfield
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Expenditure
- Members: Correspondence
- Drinking Water
Currently held offices
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Feb 2016)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (since 8 Sep 2015)
- Member, Defence Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (22 Nov 2010 to 1 Jul 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Jun 2010 to 13 Oct 2010)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (9 Feb 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Deputy Chief Whip, House of Commons) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (17 May 2006 to 31 Oct 2006)
- The Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (13 Jun 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Minister of State (Department for Transport) (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Minister of State (Department of Transport, Local Government and Regions) (Transport) (8 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (29 Jul 1999 to 8 Jun 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (6 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1999)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (1 Jun 1995 to 1 Jun 1997)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Northern Ireland) (1 Jun 1994 to 1 Jun 1995)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 1992 to 1 Jun 1994)
- Member, Defence Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 15 May 1987)
- Member, Energy Committee (21 Jan 1983 to 9 Jun 1983)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Jun 2016.
Name of donor: Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
Address of donor: 44 Charlotte St, London W1T 2NR
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and taxi; £650
Destination of visit: Berlin
Date of visit: 30 November - 1 December 2015
Purpose of visit: defence conference with Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
(Registered 06 January 2016
Name of donor: Australia Israel Cultural Exchange Ltd
Address of donor: Suite 836, Level 8, 1 Queens Road, Melbourne, 3004 VIC
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, meals and transport; £1,500
Destination of visit: Israel and the Palestinian Territories
Date of visit: 11-15 December 2015
Purpose of visit: participation Australia/Israel/UK dialogue including discussions on the Israel/Palestinian peace process and security issues.
(Registered 14 January 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from