Nicholas Soames’s voting in Parliament
Nicholas Soames is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Nicholas Soames sometimes differs from their party collegues, such as:
Nicholas Soames generally voted against university tuition fees, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nicholas Soames’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nicholas Soames’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nicholas Soames never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what assessment he has made of the effectiveness of sanctions against Russia; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what steps he is taking to implement a whole-of-Government approach to export support: and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what assessment he has made of the balance between NATO and Russian (a) naval, (b) air, (c) ground and (d) nuclear forces; and if he will make a statement.
More of Nicholas Soames’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Sussex
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Crawley
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Ministry of Defence
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (25 Mar 2013 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (31 Jan 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (8 Nov 2003 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (12 Dec 2001 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (2 Jul 1999 to 18 Jan 2000)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Defence) (Armed Services) (20 Jul 1994 to 1 May 1997)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food) (14 Apr 1992 to 20 Jul 1994)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (2 Feb 1984 to 15 Jul 1985)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 360 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.91% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nicholas Soames’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 831 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from