To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, with reference to the Office for National Statistics' latest annual population statistics to June 2014, what steps she is taking to ensure that annual net migration is brought back down to the tens of thousands.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how much was paid in bonuses to Network Rail executives in each financial year between 2010-11 and 2014-15.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how many employees of Network Rail earned more than £142,000 in each financial year between 2010-11 and 2014-15.
More of Nicholas Soames’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Sussex
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Crawley
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Ministry of Defence
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (25 Mar 2013 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (31 Jan 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (8 Nov 2003 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (12 Dec 2001 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (2 Jul 1999 to 18 Jan 2000)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Defence) (Armed Services) (20 Jul 1994 to 1 May 1997)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food) (14 Apr 1992 to 20 Jul 1994)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (2 Feb 1984 to 15 Jul 1985)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 318 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nicholas Soames’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 831 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from