To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what steps her Department has taken to implement the recommendations in the report, Rape as torture in the DRC, published by Freedom from Torture in June 2014.
To ask the Deputy Prime Minister, when he intends to reply to the letter to him of 21 October 2014 from the hon. Member for Oxford East, reference TF/TAYL01013/01131611.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what funding there has been from the public purse for research into treatment of (a) Crohn's disease and (b) ulcerative colitis in the last five years.
More of Andrew Smith’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Oxford East
Entered House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- HMS Victory
- Campsfield House Immigration Removal Centre
- Palestinians: International Assistance
- Detention Centres
Other offices held in the past
- Member, South East Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- The Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (29 May 2002 to 7 Sep 2004)
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury (11 Oct 1999 to 29 May 2002)
- Minister of State (Department for Education and Employment) (3 May 1997 to 11 Oct 1999)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (1 Jul 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (1 Jul 1994 to 1 Jul 1996)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jun 1992 to 1 Jun 1996)
- Member, Social Services Committee (22 Nov 1988 to 10 Feb 1989)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (1 Jun 1988 to 1 Jun 1992)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 107 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 193 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Smith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 776 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from