A selection of Dennis Skinner's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted moderately against university tuition fees Details
Voted strongly for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Details
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Details
Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
All I would like to say to the Minister is that he must have been a busy man to follow me to 5,000 industrial meetings in the last 30-odd years. I went to Grunwick, I did three pit strikes, I went to Wapping—I was all over the place. When I saw the man with that posh flat cap, which looked as if he had bought it from Harrods, I always thought he might be the agent provocateur present at...
Everybody has been waiting for the Minister to reply. I was saying that it is a total anticlimax. The Minister has said that, far from being released, Mr Aamer is only under review. Almost all of what he has had to say is a sop to Congress, to the Americans generally and to the President, rather than an explanation to the House that he and his superiors will try their level best to get Mr...
I’ve listened to every word you’ve said.
More of Dennis Skinner’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bolsover
Entered House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Council Housing Stock
- Miners' Compensation
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Jul 1999 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Jul 1994 to 1 Jul 1998)
- Party Chair, Labour Party (1 Jul 1988 to 1 Jul 1989)
- Vice-Chair, Labour Party (1 Jul 1987 to 1 Jul 1988)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Jul 1979 to 1 Jul 1992)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 112 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 332 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Dennis Skinner’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2726 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from