How Dennis Skinner voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted strongly against a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted very strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Get email notifications when Dennis Skinner speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Dennis Skinner sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
If the Prime Minister will not apologise for the A and E closures, maybe he will have a go at the following subjects. Why is it that we have a record number of people queuing up at food banks? Will he apologise to them? Will he apologise to those who are on payday loans, struggling to pay them back? Will he apologise to those on zero-hours contracts, another record number? The truth is that...
There have been a lot of casualties in this very sensitive process. Has the Home Secretary, with the great authority the Home Office holds, ever considered that she might be the problem? Has she considered the unthinkable? Has she considered resigning?
More of Dennis Skinner's recent appearances
Labour MP for Bolsover
Entered House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Council Housing Stock
- Miners' Compensation
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 110 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 336 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Dennis Skinner’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2725 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from