How Dennis Skinner voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted very strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Get email notifications when Dennis Skinner speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Dennis Skinner sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
I do not think that I am from the Primrose Hill set. I still have a Parkray that burns coal, but, if it is any consolation, I have a hybrid car to cover my tracks. That sets the scene. This is about closure—that is what we want. We want closure. Indeed, the Tories all say they want closure; everybody does. That is what we are after; all we want is closure of this period of our lives. We...
More of Dennis Skinner's recent appearances
Labour MP for Bolsover
Entered House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Council Housing Stock
- Miners' Compensation
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 109 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 322 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Dennis Skinner’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2721 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from