How Keith Simpson voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted moderately for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Source
Get email notifications when Keith Simpson speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Keith Simpson hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Does not the hon. Gentleman, as well as my hon. Friends, accept that we can all caricature the Treasury for obvious reasons, such as in 1998 and 2010, but if we sat in the Treasury and looked at the way in which the Ministry of Defence under successive Governments has been totally incompetent—in handling budgets, the overruns and the way in which individual services have competed with...
More of Keith Simpson's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Broadland
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Mid Norfolk
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Sudan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Sudan: Peace Negotiations
Other offices held in the past
- - Shadow Minister, Foreign Affairs (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Foreign Affairs (20 May 2005 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (9 May 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Defence (17 Mar 2005 to 9 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, International Affairs (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (10 Dec 2001 to 2 Dec 2002)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2002)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 1999 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (1 Jun 1998 to 1 Jun 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.96% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Keith Simpson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 284 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from