How Keith Simpson voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately for reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Keith Simpson hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
My right hon. Friend has led the charge in trying to get our European friends to increase sanctions against Russia, but can he tell the House what actually influences Putin? Many people looking from the outside will feel that we are unable to change his behaviour, at least in the short term.
It is a great privilege to participate in the second debate in this Chamber on the centenary of the first world war. I congratulate my hon. Friend the Minister and the hon. Member for Barnsley Central (Dan Jarvis) on two excellent speeches, outlining not only the programme but many of the issues that we are here to debate. I will touch on two areas, but first, let me declare an interest as...
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Davies—I have not come under your gavel before now. It is also nice to see the Minister in his place after his kippers in the Tea Room this morning; I am sure that his little grey cells are all fired up. I welcome all my colleagues who are here this morning. Between us, our constituencies span just about the whole A47. We have...
More of Keith Simpson's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Broadland
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Mid Norfolk
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Sudan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Sudan: Peace Negotiations
Other offices held in the past
- - Shadow Minister, Foreign Affairs (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Foreign Affairs (20 May 2005 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (9 May 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Defence (17 Mar 2005 to 9 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, International Affairs (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.12% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 92 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Keith Simpson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 273 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.