How Keith Simpson voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted moderately against university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Get email notifications when Keith Simpson speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Keith Simpson hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, which British Embassies and High Commissions have included the Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative within their business plans; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what steps he plans to take to incorporate lessons learned from the Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative into teaching at the Diplomatic Academy; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, how many (a) full-time UK-based and (b) locally-engaged staff in his Department are working to support the Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative in (i) London and (ii) overseas; and if he will make a statement.
More of Keith Simpson's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Broadland
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Mid Norfolk
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Sudan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Sudan: Peace Negotiations
Currently held offices
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Joint Committee) (since 16 Mar 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (10 Dec 2001 to 2 Dec 2002)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2002)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 1999 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (1 Jun 1998 to 1 Jun 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.90% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 97 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Keith Simpson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 284 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from