How Alan Simpson voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition feesDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Alan Simpson quite often rebelled against their party in their last parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many people are detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 in Nottinghamshire (a) in total and (b) in secure wards; and what the equivalent figures were in 2005.
I came into the House 18 years ago frustrated by a Government who had sold the pass on manufacturing in favour of a dangerous flirtation with speculative and deregulated finance. So, a lot has changed in those 18 years. We are where we are because of the mess that speculative and deregulated finance has taken the UK and global economy into. We currently hover somewhere between recession and...
I welcome the proposals to support the growing of pomegranates, wheat, raisins and alternative crops that have been proposed by Afghan farmers over many years, but does the Minister understand that for them the key issue is not what they will be encouraged to grow but who will be a secure buyer of what they grow? Has the Minister any plans to step in and at least recognise that the starting...
More of Alan Simpson's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Nottingham South
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- GM Crops
- Nuclear Weapons
- Childhood Obesity
- Genetically Modified Organisms
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.80% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 377 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.