What assessment he has made of trends in the level of home ownership since 2010.
Is the Minister aware that the cost of the average house in Enfield has rocketed to over 11 times the average wage in the borough? Home ownership is now at its lowest level in 30 years, and the dream of buying a home is increasingly out of reach. Why are the Government so complacent about declining home ownership and their failure to build?
What steps she is taking to help households improve their energy efficiency.
More of Joan Ryan’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Enfield North
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Schools and Families
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Sri Lanka: Armed Conflict
- General Practitioners: Enfield
- New Deal Schemes: Enfield
- Teachers: Enfield
- Social Security Benefits: Greater London
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 26 Nov 2007)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 27 Nov 2007)
- Vice-Chair, Labour Party (29 Jun 2007 to 14 Sep 2008)
- Prime Minister's Special Representative to Cyprus (29 Jun 2007 to 14 Sep 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Selection Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 3 Aug 2006)
- Member, Selection Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (13 Jun 2003 to 5 May 2006)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Government Whip (technically a Lords Commissioner, HM Treasury) (29 May 2002 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Committee of Selection (5 Nov 2001 to 10 May 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 85 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Joan Ryan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 149 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Ministry of State of the Republic of Turkey and Hacettepe University Strategical Research Centre (HUSAM).
Address of donor: Ministry of State of the Republic of Turkey and Hacettepe University, 06532 Ankara, Turkey.
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Estimate: £900, for travel, accommodation and hospitality.
Destination of visit: Turkey.
Date of visit: 20-24 May 2009
Purpose of visit: Attended 'Turks Abroad: The Symposium on Migration and Integration in its 50<SUP
>th Year' Conference.
(Registered 30 July 2009)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from