The Minister will know that Chase Farm hospital is a very good and much-loved, much-needed hospital. The changes to the hospital were decided on before, and outside, the Darzi review. We know that the Conservatives have said that they would make no commitments. They are hypocritical in criticising changes while making no commitment to do anything different. In the light of the achievement of...
The hon. Gentleman referred to Barnet hospital and Chase Farm hospital, which we have discussed before. He knows that I do not support any downgrading of my local A and E, but we have won an important step forward in relation to a 24-hour doctor-led service for the future. These changes will not take place until 2013. He must also know that in an interview with The London Daily News the...
More of Joan Ryan's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Enfield North
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Schools and Families
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Sri Lanka: Armed Conflict
- New Deal Schemes: Enfield
- General Practitioners: Enfield
- Teachers: Enfield
- Schools: Enfield
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 27 Nov 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Selection Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 3 Aug 2006)
- Member, Selection Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Government Whip (technically a Lords Commissioner, HM Treasury) (29 May 2002 to 8 May 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 35 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 147 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Ministry of State of the Republic of Turkey and Hacettepe University
Strategical Research Centre (HUSAM).
Address of donor: Ministry of State of the Republic of Turkey and Hacettepe University, 06532 Ankara, Turkey
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Estimate: £900, for travel, accommodation and hospitality.
Destination of visit: Turkey.
Date of visit: 20-24 May 2009
Purpose of visit: Attended 'Turks Abroad: The Symposium
on Migration and Integration in its 50<SUP
>th Year' Conference.
(Registered 30 July 2009)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.