I am grateful for the opportunity to present a public petition, which is signed by a large number of my constituents in the City of Chester who object to Cheshire West and Chester council's lack of public consultation with local people on the decision to sell county hall and move the council offices to the new headquarters building. The petition was collected by a constituent of mine, Reg...
What steps his Department is taking to assist victims of domestic violence.
I thank the Minister for her detailed response. Will she join me in praising the Cheshire domestic violence partnership, which was recently shortlisted for a local innovation award? It is working extremely well with the special advisers that the Minister has mentioned. Children who witness domestic violence are also victims. What advice do the Government give to domestic violence partnerships...
More of Christine Russell’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for City of Chester
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Work and Pensions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Middle East
- New Deal
- Debt Relief
- Population Movements
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Rt Hon Beverley Hughes, Minister of State), Department for Children, Schools and Families (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Beverley Hughes, Minister of State), Department for Education and Skills (10 Nov 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 29 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
6. Overseas visits
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £3,000-£4,000
Destination of visit: Colombia
Purpose of visit: to discuss foreign and security policies, human rights issues, drug trafficking, poverty reduction programmes
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £5000
Destination of visit: Saudi Arabia
Date of visit: 2 - 6 October 2009
Purpose of visit: to discuss international relations, UK
-Saudi trade/education, training and research partnerships with members of the Shoura Council and Ministers.
(Registered 31 October 2009)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from