To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, for what reasons members of the armed forces stationed in the Falkland Islands do not receive free wifi; and if he will make it his policy to ensure that all UK bases overseas offer access to a free wifi connection.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what scope the joint committees of NHS England and clinical commissioning groups will have to deviate from national service specifications for specialised services in (a) 2015-16 and (b) future years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, whether NHS England will remain the sole budget-holder and accountable commissioner for all specialised services in (a) 2015-16, (b) 2016-17 and (c) future years.
More of Bob Russell's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Colchester
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Culture Media and Sport
- Ministerial Travel
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Colchester Garrison
Currently held offices
- Member, Defence Committee
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 14 Nov 2011)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (13 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Defence Minister (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Whip (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (26 Apr 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (20 Dec 2005 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 4 May 2006)
- Shadow Minister, Defence (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (to 21 Sep 2004)
- Other Whip (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media & Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 74 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 114 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.09% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 20 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 154 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bob Russell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 440 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from