This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Geoffrey Robinson’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Coventry North West
- Entered Parliament on 4 March 1976 — unknown
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Geoffrey Robinson
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Geoffrey Robinson voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted very strongly for the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted moderately for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted moderately for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Transport, Health, Home Department, Treasury, Education
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Taxis, English Language: Education, Disciplinary Investigations, Accident and Emergency Departments, Crime
(based on written questions asked by Geoffrey Robinson and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (1 out of 4)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Treasury: Infrastructure Investment (10 Dec 2013)
“Is the Chief Secretary aware that figures from the Office for National Statistics show that infrastructure work, since this Government came into power, has dropped by 15%? Given its importance as a motor for growth, why is he now planning to cut it yet again in 2015?”
- Iran and Syria (11 Nov 2013)
“Is the Foreign Secretary aware that there will be a warm welcome for his statement, particularly on Iran, and great support for his robust and positive attitude towards the negotiations? He paid a warm tribute to the Iranian Foreign Minister, Mohammad Javid Zarif, and he will recall that a similar opportunity arose back in 2005—my right hon. Friend the Member for Blackburn (Mr Straw),...”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Treasury: Infrastructure (5 Nov 2013)
“The Chief Secretary will be aware that several conflicting and not very encouraging cost-benefit analyses for HS2 are currently in circulation. Could he not clear the air by commissioning and publishing a genuinely independent internal Treasury cost-benefit analysis of the project?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Geoffrey Robinson’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 428 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£11,505 (577th)||£9,623 (571st)|
|Office running costs||£11,042 (568th)||£9,576 (599th)||£7,002 (637th)||£6,575||£0||£18,799 (joint 13th with 178 others)||£16,853 (487th)||£0|
|Staffing costs||£99,643 (177th)||£87,806 (323rd)||£81,466 (413th)||£96,911||£89,661 (5th)||£69,854 (195th)||£65,276 (joint 283rd with 2 others)||£48,817 (222nd)|
|Communications Allowance||£10,163 (222nd)||£4,153 (496th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£13,245 (104th)1||£20,118 (18th)2||£9,641 (232nd)||£7,251||£9,390 (355th)||£9,214 (357th)||£8,904 (381st)||£5,313 (452nd)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£1,390 (50th)||£1,370 (58th)||£687 (177th)||£1,304||£209 (363rd)||£0||£142 (402nd)||£978 (138th)|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£0||£46 (343rd)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£2,122 (507th)||£814 (joint 308th with 1 other)||£544 (514th)||£1,176||£904 (324th)||£576 (472nd)||£1,176 (263rd)||£708 (joint 447th with 3 others)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£2,295 (328th)||£2,419 (350th)||£4,012||£2,579 (322nd)||£1,645 (476th)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£885 (617th)||£698 (622nd)||£0||£1,590 (545th)||£1,590 (joint 531st with 1 other)||£1,590 (joint 503rd with 1 other)||£1,590 (joint 425th with 1 other)|
|Total||£137,606 (483rd)||£127,063 (558th)||£102,457 (625th)||£117,229||£104,333 (593rd)||£101,678 (587th)||£105,446 (485th)||£67,029 (618th)|