This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Laurence Robertson’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Tewkesbury
- Entered Parliament on 1 May 1997 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Laurence Robertson
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Laurence Robertson voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted moderately against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted moderately against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted strongly against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing foundation hospitals. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Health, Home Department, Treasury, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): RAF Innsworth, Ethiopia, Bovine TB, Smart Card Technology, Departmental Energy Use
(based on written questions asked by Laurence Robertson and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Flood and Water Management Bill Committee (10 out of 10)
- Justice and Security (Northern Ireland) Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Terrorism (Northern Ireland) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Northern Ireland (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Northern Ireland (Offences) Bill Committee (6 out of 6)
- National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (2 out of 4)
- Consumer Credit Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Energy Bill Committee (12 out of 14)
- Sunday Working (Scotland) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Travel Concessions (Eligibility) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Office of Communications Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Tobacco Advertising and Promotion Bill Committee (6 out of 7)
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Winter Fuel Payments (5 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how people can decline to accept the winter fuel payment; and if he will make a statement.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Northern Ireland: Policing and Security (27 Nov 2013)
“What assessment has the Secretary of State made of whether all paramilitary organisations are observing ceasefires? Does she agree that if any are not doing so, they are betraying rather than serving the people they purport to represent?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 120 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Laurence Robertson’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 356 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£24,006 (joint 1st with 48 others)||£23,083 (joint 1st with 142 others)||£22,110 (joint 1st with 183 others)||£21,634||£20,902 (joint 1st with 187 others)||£20,333 (joint 3rd with 149 others)||£19,722 (joint 1st with 230 others)||£16,807 (100th)|
|Office running costs||£19,690 (234th)||£30,374 (2nd)||£29,140 (joint 12th with 6 others)||£28,400||£19,325 (joint 11th with 77 others)||£18,799 (joint 13th with 178 others)||£18,234 (joint 1st with 183 others)||£19,015 (201st)|
|Staffing costs||£102,707 (91st)||£81,454 (509th)||£78,576 (joint 484th with 2 others)||£75,681||£70,330 (347th)||£68,023 (joint 228th with 71 others)||£65,596 (joint 179th with 51 others)||£44,981 (365th)|
|Communications Allowance||£7,065 (402nd)||£10,015 (126th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£14,892 (74th)1||£13,326 (116th)2||£14,306 (85th)||£14,031||£18,818 (74th)||£19,848 (56th)||£17,573 (86th)||£14,411 (83rd)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£1,070 (75th)||£1,085 (90th)||£1,382 (77th)||£881||£438 (joint 289th with 1 other)||£577 (243rd)||£344 (316th)||£73 (420th)|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£2,269 (481st)||£487 (498th)||£483 (joint 535th with 1 other)||£525||£244 (618th)||£415 (558th)||£482 (571st)||£294 (617th)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£1,696 (429th)||£2,165 (joint 387th with 1 other)||£1,893||£420 (628th)||£1,659 (joint 471st with 1 other)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,229 (joint 281st with 1 other)||£1,026 (joint 374th with 1 other)||£0||£1,750 (joint 488th with 1 other)||£1,750 (joint 479th with 1 other)||£1,750 (455th)||£1,750 (394th)|
|Total||£171,699 (64th)||£162,749 (70th)||£149,188 (94th)||£143,045||£132,227 (145th)||£131,404 (96th)||£123,701 (91st)||£97,331 (128th)|
1 Regular journeys between home/constituency/Westminster: Mileage £8,972 (5th). Rail £2,503 (312th). Misc £369 (97th). Other: Mileage £125 (39th). Rail £58 (126th). Air £2,099 (2nd). European £766 (70th).