I was surprised by the comments of the Opposition spokesman, given that the problems identified sprang from the failed policies of the past, particularly the discredited policy of multiculturalism promoted by the Labour party. I commend my right hon. Friend for her statement. Does she agree that it is important that every child is taught the Judeo-Christian tradition and history of this...
I wonder whether my right hon. Friend will provide a debate on whether the party of Labour is any more the party of the working man or the party of welfare. It is very important for historical reasons—I know that he is a historian—that we look at these things.
If she will review the measures put in place to protect bats and newts under the EU habitats directive.
More of Andrew Robathan's recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Leicestershire
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Blaby
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Royal Navy
- Electoral Registration
Currently held offices
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (17 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Member, Selection Committee (3 Aug 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (3 Aug 2006 to 13 Jul 2007)
- Deputy Chief Whip, Whips (16 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Defence (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (9 May 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Defence (17 Mar 2005 to 9 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Defence), International Affairs (9 Sep 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
- Member, International Development Committee (to 9 Nov 2004)
- Commons Liaison With the Lords, Parliament (10 May 2004 to 9 Sep 2004)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 52 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 105 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Robathan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 807 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from