To ask the Deputy Prime Minister, what assessment he has made of the extent of inequalities in the distribution of the electorate between constituencies; and if he will make a statement.
In my right hon. Friend’s swansong—I commend him for it and for his five years’ work, saving money for the public purse—I wonder whether I might pick up on one specific issue of government efficiency reform, which is the trade unions training fund. It was set up a dozen or so years ago by the previous Government; some £10 million to £12 million was given to...
In my last week as a Member of Parliament, may I commend my right hon. Friend not just for his statement, but for his work over the past five years in re-establishing the United Kingdom as a serious and respected player in international affairs? Turning specifically to the good governance fund that he mentioned with regard to Ukraine and eastern Europe, will the Prime Minister look at the...
More of Andrew Robathan’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for South Leicestershire
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Blaby
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Royal Navy
- Electoral Registration
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (3 Nov 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (3 Nov 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (17 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Dec 2005 to 12 Jul 2007)
- Member, Committee of Selection (14 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Deputy Chief Whip (Commons) (10 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (1 Jul 2004 to 10 Dec 2005)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Dec 2003 to 8 Nov 2004)
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (1 Jun 2003 to 30 Oct 2003)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2003)
- Member, International Development Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 19 Nov 2002)
- Member, Employment Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 19 Apr 1994)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.49% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 52 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 88 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 811 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from