How Ken Purchase voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly for university tuition feesDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Ken Purchase occasionally rebelled against their party in their last parliament
Does the hon. Gentleman agree that the 1988 Act was a seminal moment in the bureaucracy of education, and that in many ways things have gone downhill since, in terms of what teachers, head teachers and local authorities have had to do in producing league tables, SATs results and a raft of unnecessary changes to the working day in schools?
To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families when he expects to answer Question 324573, on Ofsted, tabled on 23 March 2010.
To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families what the cost was of Ofsted's operations in the last year for which figures are available; and what targets there are for Ofsted to reduce its expenditure in the next three years.
More of Ken Purchase's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Wolverhampton North East
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Schools and Families
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Education and Skills
- Council Housing
- Asylum: Bahrain
- Steel Barriers
- Committee on Standards in Public Life
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 15 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.09% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 25 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 194 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.