With this it will be convenient to discuss the following: Clause 67 stand part. New clause 1—Report on impact of value added tax— “(1) The Chancellor of the Exchequer shall, within three months of the passing of this Act, publish a report on the impact of the increase in the standard rate of VAT which took effect from 4 January 2011. (2) The report must estimate the impact...
Order. Believe it or not, that discussion is outside the scope of the Budget resolutions. But given that the hon. Gentleman had just acquired a nickname—although I will not be addressing him as such—I decided to allow him to intervene. Mr Davies, I should be grateful if you returned to the Finance Bill.
Order. Mr Davies, you are way out of scope now, so we will go to the concluding remarks of this debate, because we are running out of time.
More of Dawn Primarolo’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Bristol South
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Prescriptions: Fees and Charges
Other offices held in the past
- Second Deputy Chairman of Ways and Means (8 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (8 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Children, Young People and Families) (13 May 2010 to 8 Jun 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (Children, Young People and Families) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (2 Jul 2007 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (2 Dec 2002 to 20 Dec 2004)
- Paymaster General (HM Treasury) (4 Jan 1999 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (30 Oct 1997 to 12 Jan 1999)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (6 May 1997 to 3 Jan 1999)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jun 1994 to 1 Jun 1997)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jun 1992 to 1 Jun 1994)
- Member, Members' Interests Committee (11 May 1990 to 16 Mar 1992)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 115 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 0.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 41 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 88 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1286 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from