I am extremely grateful to my hon. Friend for her innate generosity in giving way. Does she not agree that new clause 1 would provide transparency and openness, and that the report would be immensely useful? Does she honestly think that any true democrat and believer in fiscal transparency could do anything other than support the Labour amendment?
More of Stephen Pound's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Ealing North
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Local Government and the Regions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- RAF Northolt
- Forensic Science Service
- Prison Service
- HMS Caroline
- Deportation: Convictions
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Northern Ireland) (22 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (6 May 2010 to 21 Nov 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Stephen Timms, Financial Secretary), HM Treasury (16 Oct 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Stephen Timms, Minister of State), Department for Work and Pensions (29 Jan 2008 to 16 Oct 2008)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Nov 2007 to 2 Nov 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Stephen Timms, Minister of State), Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (28 Jun 2007 to 29 Jan 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Hazel Blears, Minister without Portfolio), Cabinet Office (27 Jun 2006 to 15 Mar 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Hazel Blears, Minister without Portfolio), Minister without Portfolio and Party Chair (8 May 2006 to 27 Jun 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Hazel Blears, Minister of State), Home Office (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (17 Nov 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (14 Jun 1999 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (1 Jun 1997 to 1 Aug 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.85% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 331 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
8 May 2014, payment of £138.00 received from the University of Missouri Curators, 118 University Hall, Columbia, USA
, in respect of lecture and meeting provided to students on 15 April 2014. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 15 May 2014)
Payments from Drew University, 99 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LA:
5 December 2014, £1,000 received for a series of lectures and meetings in my role of political co-ordinator for the autumn seminar. Hours: 14 hrs. (Registered 15 December 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from