How Owen Paterson voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted moderately for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted moderately for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted moderately for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Get email notifications when Owen Paterson speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Owen Paterson hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
I congratulate the Secretary of State on her statement, and all parties involved on showing real perseverance through some intractable negotiations. On the past, I pay tribute to all those at the Historical Enquiries Team who produced reports on cases that may have been low-profile but that nevertheless presented a real agony to relatives and friends of murder victims. I hope that the...
I congratulate the Secretary of State on her perseverance, working with the local parties on matters that we know are of intense interest and concern to them. Does she think they have really got the message that the devolution of corporation tax, bringing economic benefits which have so dramatically helped the Republic of Ireland, would be of enormous significance and would in many ways...
Northern Ireland Affairs: Administrative scheme for “on-the-runs”.
Witnesses: Rt Hon Owen Paterson MP, former Secretary of State for Northern Ireland
More of Owen Paterson's recent appearances
Conservative MP for North Shropshire
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Badgers/Bovine TB
- Bovine TB
- Avian Influenza
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland (6 Jul 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Transport (16 Dec 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Shadow Secretary of State for Environment & Transport (9 May 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment and Transport (6 Jul 2004 to 9 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment & Transport (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 51.14% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 177 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Owen Paterson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 603 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jan 2015.
8. Land and Property
A share in buildings and agricultural land at Bunbury and Spurstow, Cheshire, from which rental income is received. (Updated 23 December 2014)
A share in buildings attached to my house near Ellesmere, Shropshire
, from which rental income is received. (Updated 23 December 2014)
A share of a house in London from which rental income is received. (Registered 23 December 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from