How Richard Ottaway voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted moderately against university tuition feesDetails
- Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Richard Ottaway occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Does the Minister agree that there is a read-across between Ukraine and TTIP, with some seeing TTIP as an economic NATO? Binding the EU and the US together is bound to have political and geostrategic implications, and TTIP can become a symbol of Atlantic solidarity that may well check Russian imperialism.
The Prime Minister has made it quite clear that he considers that Russia’s behaviour and breaches of international law are a wake-up call to the west, but is it not time to reassess whether our capacity matches our aims and objectives? For example, with difficult situations in Iran, Syria, north Africa and now Ukraine, does he think it right that the Foreign Office budget is less than...
On the point about playing to the gallery in Russia, is my hon. Friend aware that Putin has gone up by 10% in the opinion polls since this incident started?
More of Richard Ottaway's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Croydon South
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Kenley Airfield
- Departmental Costs
- British Energy
- Television: Advertising
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Cabinet Office) Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Defence Committee (2 Nov 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment, Environment and Transport (6 Jul 2004 to 2 Nov 2004)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment, Environment & Transport (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 119 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Ottaway’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 530 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.