How Richard Ottaway voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Richard Ottaway occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
I very much agree with the Prime Minister over the nature of the extremist threat we face, but during the summer recess there have been repeated calls for a coalition of the willing. He will have seen reports that Egypt and the United Arab Emirates carried out air attacks on the militia in Libya. Is there any sign that Arab states and the west will join together militarily to co-operate in...
The Israeli defence forces have detected 18 Hamas-built tunnels and found 45 others extending from Gaza into Israel. Many of the tunnels in Gaza originate in civilian areas, beneath homes, greenhouses and mosques. Does my hon. Friend agree that it is quite understandable that Israel seeks to find these tunnels and destroy them to protect its country and its civilians?
In Gaza, much has been made of what is and is not “proportionate”. The argument is being made that it should be an eye for an eye, but in international law the correct definition is that the response should be proportionate “to the threat”. Does my right hon. Friend agree that Israel has no alternative but to go to find who is firing the missiles at it and to stop them?
More of Richard Ottaway's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Croydon South
Entered House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Nottingham North
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Kenley Airfield
- Departmental Costs
- British Energy
- Television: Advertising
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Cabinet Office) Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Defence Committee (2 Nov 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment, Environment and Transport (6 Jul 2004 to 2 Nov 2004)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment, Environment & Transport (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Ottaway’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 540 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.