Hardly ever rebels against their party in their last parliament
How Dan Norris voted on key issues since 2001
- Voted very strongly for introducing foundation hospitalsDetails
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted moderately for a smoking banDetails
- Voted moderately for the hunting banDetails
- Voted very strongly against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq warDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a transparent ParliamentDetails
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted strongly for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted moderately for allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
More on well-known issues (from the Guardian) & their full record
The total cost of employing staff in the DEFRA press office for the period of 1 April 2009 to 28 February 2010 was £906,316.80. Figures for March 2010 are not yet available. DEFRA was established in 2001. There are therefore no figures available for press office costs in 1996-97.
There have been no complaints about the DEFRA website in the last three years through DEFRA's formal complaints process or via ministerial correspondence. We do not keep statistics of the ad hoc website feedback received by e-mail through the "Contact Us" option on the site. Where negative comments are received they are generally about the content rather than the operation of the website. In...
Expenditure on external website design consultants in the last three years is shown in the following table. Design consultancy costs (£) 2007-08 0 2008-09 59,447 2009-10 56,979 Full external costs for the DEFRA website for this period were provided in the answer given on 27 January 2010, Official Report, column 871W to the hon. Member for Welwyn Hatfield (Grant Shapps).
More of Dan Norris's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Wansdyke
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Education Provision(Bath and North East Somerset)
- Middle East
- Key Stage Tests
- Public Libraries: Internet
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Members' Allowances Committee (10 Feb 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon David Miliband, Secretary of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (28 Jun 2007 to unknown)
- PPS (Rt Hon Peter Hain, Secretary of State), Wales Office (1 Feb 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Peter Hain, Secretary of State), Northern Ireland Office (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2005 to 18 Jul 2006)
- Assistant Whip (funded by HM Treasury) (12 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 45 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 38 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)