To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many invoices and to what value were paid by Defence Equipment and Supply after the statutory 30 days as required under the EU Directive 2011/7/EU in the last 12 months.
I remind the House that this used to be called the St David’s day debate. This is not St David’s day, but the feast day of St Caron of Tregaron, a third century Cardiganshire saint. I hope that we can remember him during the course of the day. I do not know whether this will be my last speech in this Chamber, but it might be. It will certainly be my last speech in a Welsh day...
As an aside, I add my tribute to my right hon. Friend. He is leaving, like me. We have been good friends for a long time, and we have attended these debates in the House over many years. It is important that we retain the Welsh day debate, the Welsh Grand Committee and the Select Committee on Welsh Affairs, chaired very ably by my neighbour the hon. Member for Monmouth (David T. C. Davies)....
More of Paul Murphy’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Torfaen
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Constituencies: Wales
- Personal Independence Payment
- Offenders: Fines
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (13 Jan 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- The Secretary of State for Wales (25 Jan 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Chair, Intelligence and Security (Joint Committee) (11 Jul 2005 to 29 Jan 2008)
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (24 Oct 2002 to 6 May 2005)
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Joint Committee) (30 Jul 2001 to 11 Jul 2005)
- The Secretary of State for Wales (29 Jul 1999 to 24 Oct 2002)
- The Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (1 May 1997 to 29 Jul 1999)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (1 Nov 1995 to 1 May 1997)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jul 1995 to 1 Nov 1995)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Northern Ireland) (1 Jul 1994 to 1 Jul 1995)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Wales) (1 Jul 1988 to 1 Jul 1994)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 20 Mar 1989)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.96% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 823 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Catholic Bishops Conference of England and Wales
(b) Address of donor: 39 Eccleston Sq, London SW1V 1BX
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: An educational allowance of £4,884 and accommodation will be provided for an intern in my parliamentary office for 10 months: October 2012–July 2013
(b) Date of receipt: 20 September 2012
(b) Date of acceptance: 3 October 2012
(b) Donor status: Registered charity
(b) (Registered 21 November 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from