How Austin Mitchell voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Voted moderately for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Get email notifications when Austin Mitchell speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Austin Mitchell occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what estimate he has made of the cost to the public purse of raising personal tax allowances by 10 per cent.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how many people are liable to pay income tax at the rates of (a) 10, (b) 20, (c) 40 and (d) 45 per cent.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what representations he has received from (a) the EU Commission and (b) other EU Member States on the patent box legislation.
More of Austin Mitchell's recent appearances
Labour MP for Great Grimsby
Entered House of Commons on 28 April 1977 — unknown
Also represented Grimsby
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Home Department
- Non-Domestic Rates: Ports
- Council Housing
- Social Housing
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Commission
- Member, Public Accounts Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Yorkshire and the Humber Regional Select Committee (30 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Yorkshire and the Humber Regional Select Committee (29 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (6 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (19 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Agriculture (14 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (1 Jul 1988 to 1 Jul 1989)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Sub-Committee (1 Mar 1982 to 15 May 1987)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service (5 Feb 1982 to 15 May 1987)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jul 1979 to 1 Jul 1985)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 96 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 52.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 88 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Austin Mitchell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1061 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from