How Austin Mitchell voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Source
Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted moderately against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Get email notifications when Austin Mitchell speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Austin Mitchell occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what guidance she has issued to her Department's press office on answering queries from student journalists.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, how many responses his Department's press office has made to enquiries from student journalists in the last year.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many responses her Department's press office has made to enquiries from student journalists in the last year.
More of Austin Mitchell's recent appearances
Labour MP for Great Grimsby
Entered House of Commons on 28 April 1977 — unknown
Also represented Grimsby
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Home Department
- Non-Domestic Rates: Ports
- Council Housing
- Social Housing
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Commission
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Yorkshire and the Humber Regional Select Committee (30 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (6 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 50 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 51.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Austin Mitchell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1056 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from