How Austin Mitchell voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted moderately against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Austin Mitchell occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department (1) if she will open an inquiry into the death of Hilda Murrell in 1984; (2) what (a) Cabinet papers and (b) papers of her Department relating to the Hilda Murrell case will be released under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 on the 30th anniversary of Hilda Murrell's abduction and murder; (3) if she will publish her Department's...
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport with reference to the European Commission's publication COM (2013) 296, what representations he has received from British ports on the Commission's proposed regulation on ports; what representations he has made to the European Council on that proposed regulation; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport whether he has a veto power in relation to ports on COM(2013)296 on the proposed regulation of European ports.
More of Austin Mitchell's recent appearances
Labour MP for Great Grimsby
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Home Department
- Non-Domestic Rates: Ports
- Council Housing
- Social Housing
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Yorkshire and the Humber Regional Select Committee (30 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (6 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 84 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 51.56% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 85 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Austin Mitchell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1050 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.