The Chancellor did not deliver a Budget last week; he delivered a party political broadcast on behalf of the Tory party. The macro-economic state of our country, which is the real purpose of a Budget statement, was almost entirely absent. His speech had two purposes: first, to give the impression that the worst of austerity was now over and that the sunny uplands now beckon if only we vote...
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what the date, amount and reason for being additional is of each item of the £100 billion of compliance revenues secured since April 2010.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, if she will give a guarantee that in her tenure as Secretary of State for Education there will be no for-profit schools.
More of Michael Meacher’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Oldham West and Royton
Entered House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Oldham West
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Genetically Modified Organisms
- Departments: Consultants
- GM Crops
- Health Services
- Tax Avoidance
Other offices held in the past
- Minister (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Environment) (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (19 Nov 1997 to 11 Sep 2003)
- Minister of State (Department for Environment, Transport and the Regions) (Environment) (3 May 1997 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jul 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (1 Jul 1995 to 1 Jul 1996)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (22 Jun 1994 to 1 Jul 1995)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (1 Jul 1993 to 22 Jun 1994)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Foreign Affairs) (20 Jul 1992 to 1 Jul 1993)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (1 Jul 1989 to 20 Jul 1992)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (1 Jul 1987 to 1 Jul 1989)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Jul 1983 to 1 Jul 1988)
- Shadow Secretary of State (11 Jun 1983 to 1 Jul 1987)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Sub-Committee (1 Mar 1982 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Committee (13 Mar 1981 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Trade) (14 Apr 1976 to 4 May 1979)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health and Social Security) (12 Jun 1975 to 14 Apr 1976)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Industry) (7 Mar 1974 to 12 Jun 1975)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 18 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 56.90% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1654 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Unite the Union
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobald’s Road, Holborn WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 15 December 2014)
8. Land and Property
Four residential properties in London from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from