To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people who have been sanctioned since January 2012 have received hardship payments in each year since then; and what the average level was of such hardship payments.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many peer reviews his Department has carried out following the death of benefit claimants; how many such reviews involved the sanctioning of claimants; and in how many cases his Department's action was found to be inappropriate or incorrect.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, when she expects commercial planting of GM crops to begin in England and Wales.
More of Michael Meacher's recent appearances
Labour MP for Oldham West and Royton
Entered House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Also represented Oldham West
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Genetically Modified Organisms
- Departments: Consultants
- GM Crops
- Health Services
- Tax Avoidance
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (the Environment), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Minister of State (the Environment), Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions (3 May 1997 to 11 Jun 2001)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 58.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 114 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Meacher’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1653 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jan 2015.
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobald’s Road, Holborn WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 15 December 2014)
8. Land and Property
Four residential properties in London from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from