To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, if he will publish the briefing packs received by John Kerr, Rona Fairhead, Ed Balls and himself at this year's Bilderberg Conference.
Will the Minister give way on that point?
Will the Minister give way?
More of Michael Meacher’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Oldham West and Royton
Entered the House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Also represented Oldham West
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Genetically Modified Organisms
- Departments: Consultants
- GM Crops
- Health Services
- Tax Avoidance
Other offices held in the past
- Minister (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Environment) (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (19 Nov 1997 to 11 Sep 2003)
- Minister of State (Department for Environment, Transport and the Regions) (Environment) (3 May 1997 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jul 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (1 Jul 1995 to 1 Jul 1996)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (22 Jun 1994 to 1 Jul 1995)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (1 Jul 1993 to 22 Jun 1994)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Foreign Affairs) (20 Jul 1992 to 1 Jul 1993)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (1 Jul 1989 to 20 Jul 1992)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (1 Jul 1987 to 1 Jul 1989)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Jul 1983 to 1 Jul 1988)
- Shadow Secretary of State (11 Jun 1983 to 1 Jul 1987)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Sub-Committee (1 Mar 1982 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Committee (13 Mar 1981 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Trade) (14 Apr 1976 to 4 May 1979)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health and Social Security) (12 Jun 1975 to 14 Apr 1976)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Industry) (7 Mar 1974 to 12 Jun 1975)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 17 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 113 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Meacher’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1656 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from