Thank you, Mr Speaker. If my hon. Friend passes the details of that constituent to either myself or the immigration Minister, we will ensure that the issue is taken up. Of course, as I indicated to the House in June when I made a statement about the passport office, we have opened up the possibility of a free upgrade for individuals whose passport has been waiting more than three weeks and...
Yet again, the shadow Home Secretary has given us a completely confused response on Labour’s policy on a whole range of issues. Let me touch on some of the specifics that she mentioned. She asked why we do not have a register of police officers, but I have to say to her that the Labour party was in Government for 13 years, and if it thought that that was so important, why did it not do...
More of Theresa May's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Maidenhead
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Local Government and the Regions
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- Parliamentary Questions
- Departmental Public Participation
- Future Jobs Fund
Other offices held in the past
- Minister for Women and Equalities (6 May 2010 to 15 Oct 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (Also Shadow Minister for Women), Work and Pensions (8 Sep 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work & Pensions (Also Shadow Minister for Women), Work & Pensions (27 Jul 2009 to 8 Sep 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work & Pensions and Shadow Minister for Women, Work & Pensions (19 Jan 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work & Pensions, Work & Pensions (19 Jan 2009 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons, Parliament (6 Jan 2009 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (4 Jun 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons, Parliament (6 Jul 2007 to 6 Jan 2009)
- Member, Members Estimates Committee (20 Mar 2007 to 4 Jun 2008)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (18 Jan 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons, Leader of the House of Commons (16 Dec 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Family & Culture, Media & Sport, The Family & Culture, Media & Sport (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Family, Family (6 Jul 2004 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Family, Public Services, Health & Education (15 Jun 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment and Transport, Environment & Transport (10 May 2004 to 15 Jun 2004)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 50.50% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 49 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 174 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Theresa May’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1661 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
Receipt of a discount card from Russell and Bromley, which has the potential to be of registrable value. Expires end January 2014. (Registered 20 May 2013)
Receipt of a discount card from Amanda Wakeley, which has the potential to be of registrable value. Expires in April 2014. (Registered 20 May 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.