How Francis Maude voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Francis Maude hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
As was the case under previous Administrations details of internal discussions are not normally disclosed.
Guidance has today been issued to civil servants in UK departments and those working in non-departmental public bodies and other arm’s length bodies on the principles that they should observe in relation to the conduct of Government business in the run-up to the forthcoming elections for membership of the European Parliament, and to local authorities in England and Northern Ireland, and...
The Government are committed to opening up public contracts, with a wide, diverse range of providers competing to deliver high-quality services. Following the material concerns that emerged last year, relating to overcharging on Ministry of Justice electronic monitoring contracts, G4S has engaged constructively with the Government. The Government’s approach has been rigorous, and on 12...
More of Francis Maude's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Horsham
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Duchy of Lancaster
- Cabinet Office
- Home Department
- Trade Unions
- Departmental Manpower
- Political Parties: Finance
- Economic and Monetary Union
- Departmental Aviation
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office (Also Shadow Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster), Cabinet Office (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office and Shadow Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, Cabinet Office (6 Jan 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office & Shadow Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, Cabinet Office (6 Jul 2007 to 6 Jan 2009)
- Chairman of the Party, Conservative Party (20 May 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 58.01% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Francis Maude’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 837 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Horsham Parliamentary Dining Club
(a) Address of donor: Church House, West Grinstead, W Sussex RH13 8LR
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
(a) Donor status: members’ association
(a) (Registered 8 January 2014)
8. Land and Property
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.