How Eric Martlew voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly for more EU integrationDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Eric Martlew occasionally rebelled against their party in their last parliament
Why does the hon. Gentleman exclude the channel tunnel?
My hon. Friend was very bad.
I am glad that you are in the Chair, Mr. Illsley. Perhaps we will not have any instances of mistaken identity today, which is something that can happen. As I am sure you are aware, a number of hon. Members who wanted to attend this debate are not here because of confusion over timing. Apparently the usual channels collapsed, and the debate was on the Whip as being at 2.30. Those who wanted to...
More of Eric Martlew's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Carlisle
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Education and Skills
- North Cumbria Health Action Zone
- New Deal Schemes: Self-employed
- Badgers/Bovine Tuberculosis
- North West Regional Fisheries
- Ecology and Recreation Advisory Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, North West Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Finance & Services Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 27 Mar 2007)
- Member, Transport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 35 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 299 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.