To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer (1) how many taxpayers qualified for a refund on their 2013-14 tax payments; how many of them received the refund; and what the average value is of these refunds; (2) what average length of time was taken to provide individual taxpayers with refunds of overpaid tax in (a) the most recent year for which figures are available and (b) the preceding four...
I agree with the Foreign Secretary that what is needed is a ceasefire to provide relief to the people of Gaza and to restart the peace process. But is it not too late? In all the 17 years I have been in this House, progress towards a two-state solution has been in reverse. Just last year, the UN predicted that potable water in Gaza would run out by 2016. Palestinian officials are reporting...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what estimate she has made of the number of people who have applied for entry clearance as (a) students and (b) family members of settled people including evidence of their knowledge of the English language through a Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) certificate obtained through Educational Testing Service and whose...
More of Fiona Mactaggart's recent appearances
Labour MP for Slough
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Public Appointments
- Human Trafficking
- Departmental Public Appointments
- Action for Employment
- Domestic Violence
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Modern Slavery Bill (9 Jan 2014 to 3 Apr 2014)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (24 Oct 2011 to 7 Apr 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities) (26 Apr 2011 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities Office) (8 Oct 2010 to 26 Apr 2011)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (8 Dec 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (7 May 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (18 Jul 2006 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (17 Jun 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Race Equality, Community Policy and Civil Renewal), Home Office (13 Jun 2003 to 17 Jun 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 112 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.11% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Fiona Mactaggart’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 540 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
8. Land and Property
Office premises in Glasgow (held on my behalf by trustees), from which rental income is received.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(b) Mactaggart Heritable Holdings Ltd.; property investment and management.
I have made an interest-free loan of £17,000 to Slough Labour Memorial Hall, a registered friendly society, from whom I rent my constituency office. The loan is to pay for refurbishing other parts of the premises and replacing a boiler. £12,000 has been repaid. (Registered 26 January 2012; updated 19 March 2013, 5 June 2013, 23 August 2013 and 23 December 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.