The Minister has said that about two thirds of the women in Yarl’s Wood are there for more than a month. Overwhelmingly, these are people who have not been convicted, or even accused, of any crime, but who are put in administrative detention for extended periods. What is the Minister doing to make sure that they have the high-quality legal advice and representation they require to make...
The Secretary of State earlier said, “We on this side of the House are concerned”. May I take this opportunity to remind her that all Members on both sides of the House are united in their determination to drive out child sexual exploitation? I ask her to look at two particular proposals to increase resilience to such exploitation among children: first, to feed into the Home...
The Minister, the hon. Member for Bournemouth East (Mr Ellwood), earlier said that he did not feel it was right to do anything about the Israel-Palestine situation until after the Israeli election, yet given that none of the major parties in that election is committed to withdrawal from the occupied territories, is not now the time to say that Britain intends to recognise Palestine?
More of Fiona Mactaggart's recent appearances
Labour MP for Slough
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Public Appointments
- Human Trafficking
- Departmental Public Appointments
- Action for Employment
- Domestic Violence
Currently held offices
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Joint Committee)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Modern Slavery Bill (9 Jan 2014 to 3 Apr 2014)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (24 Oct 2011 to 7 Apr 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities) (26 Apr 2011 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities Office) (8 Oct 2010 to 26 Apr 2011)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (8 Dec 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (7 Dec 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (7 May 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (18 Jul 2006 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Education & Skills (17 Jul 2006 to 8 Nov 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (17 Jun 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (13 Jun 2003 to 5 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Race Equality, Community Policy and Civil Renewal), Home Office (13 Jun 2003 to 17 Jun 2005)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (16 Jul 1997 to 3 Feb 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 36 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.48% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 19 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 82 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Fiona Mactaggart’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 553 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 23 Feb 2015.
8. Land and Property
Office premises in Glasgow (held on my behalf by trustees), from which rental income is received.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(b) Mactaggart Heritable Holdings Ltd.; property investment and management.
I have made an interest-free loan of £17,000 to Slough Labour Memorial Hall, a registered friendly society, from whom I rent my constituency office. The loan is to pay for refurbishing other parts of the premises and replacing a boiler. £12,000 has been repaid. (Registered 26 January 2012; updated 19 March 2013, 5 June 2013, 23 August 2013 and 23 December 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from