How Andrew MacKinlay voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted very strongly for university tuition feesDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Andrew MacKinlay quite often rebelled against their party in their last parliament
I shall not detain the House for more than a few moments. I listened carefully to the shadow Minister's speech and, although I am open to correction, I do not think that he made much reference to clause 8, which is struck out by the Lords amendments. I am extremely surprised, bearing in mind the traumatic experience that the UK has suffered during the financial crisis over the past year or...
I am pleased that I gave way, because that demonstrates the laid-back attitude of the Conservatives to this issue. Of course, the FSA has been acting in the way that the hon. Gentleman describes, but clause 8 places a duty on it. It reinforces its power. It sends messages abroad. It means that the FSA can go thumping the table internationally with full confidence and mandate of a statute....
My accusation stands, and I shall be interested to hear what the Minister says in reply.
More of Andrew MacKinlay's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Thurrock
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Bermuda Regiment
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (to 11 Jun 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 66 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 208 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 39 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 54 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 792 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.