It is a rare privilege to be allowed to make a valedictory speech, Mr Speaker. I have to admit that this is the first one I have ever had the opportunity to make in leaving a job; normally, there was a wee present and a drink in the local pub, so this certainly is an elevation beyond my expectations. The people of Stirling paid me the honour of electing me four times and I thank them...
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what proportion of calls made to the Tax Evasion Hotline was from parents with care who receive statutory child maintenance reporting alleged tax evasion by a non-resident parent in (a) 2011-12, (b) 2012-13 and (c) 2013-14.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what mechanisms HM Revenue and Customs has in place to investigate allegations of tax evasion by non-resident parents reported by parents with care following advice from the Child Maintenance Service.
More of Anne McGuire’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Stirling
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Innovation and Skills
- Access to Work Programme
- Personal Independence Payment
- Disability Living Allowance
- Child Maintenance
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Apr 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 24 Oct 2011)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (10 May 2005 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Constitutional Affairs) (Scotland) (13 Jun 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Scotland (28 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (11 Jun 2001 to 28 May 2002)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (28 Jul 1998 to 14 May 2001)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (15 Jul 1997 to 3 Feb 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Anne McGuire’s speeches
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.47% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 37 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 62 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 360 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Australia Israel Cultural Exchange
Address of donor: Suite 836, 1 Queens Road, Melbourne VIC
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £1,586.56
Destination of visit: Israel
Purpose of visit: participation in the Australia Israel UK
Leadership Dialogue. This included discussions on the Middle East
peace process and security in the region.
Address of donor: BM LFI
, London WC1N 3XX
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): travel and accommodation at a value of £1,400. In addition, some hospitality provided by the Palestinian Authority
and the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Destination of visit: Israel and the Palestinian territories.
Purpose of visit: fact-finding visit, including meeting with Israeli and Palestinian politicians and community representatives.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from