How John McDonnell voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly against increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted moderately for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Get email notifications when John McDonnell speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
John McDonnell sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
In May the Government announced the closure of the health control unit at Heathrow airport in my constituency. It contained the staff who undertook the monitoring, screening and treatment of passengers who were sick. I believe many of those staff have now been made redundant, so can the Secretary of State tell me what the staffing arrangements will now be at Heathrow airport? Also, will a...
Does the Deputy Prime Minister agree with the stance of the Prime Minister, who supports a policy of not coming back to the House to ask for approval of further action, whether it is action against Syria or boots on the ground?
More of John McDonnell's recent appearances
Labour MP for Hayes and Harlington
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Pay
- Fire Services
- National Offender Management Service
- Departmental Sustainable Development
- Departmental Manpower
Currently held offices
- Member, Justice Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (to 11 Jun 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 80 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 165 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.53% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 167 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John McDonnell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1026 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from