How John McDonnell voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
John McDonnell sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
I apologise, because I want to raise six issues, but I will take only a couple of sentences on each one. It will be world hepatitis day on 28 July. The Hepatitis C Trust briefed Members two weeks ago about the number of hepatitis C sufferers in this country. There are now 250,000 in the UK and most remain undiagnosed. New treatments are able to cure 95%, but awareness and testing are...
Or meet me?
And the legal opinion?
More of John McDonnell's recent appearances
Labour MP for Hayes and Harlington
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Pay
- Fire Services
- National Offender Management Service
- Departmental Sustainable Development
- Departmental Manpower
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (to 11 Jun 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 87 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 169 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.64% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 169 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John McDonnell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1017 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.