To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, when he next plans to visit (a) the Bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey and (b) other Crown Dependencies; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, whether his Department plans to send an observer to Sark for the Chief Pleas election on 10 December 2014.
I must say I am encouraged by the Minister’s response, because I believe she will diligently pass on the information about this case, and I am grateful for that. However, on commercial lending being different from domestic lending, there is every reason to leave farms in the domestic area, because if something goes wrong, people do not just lose a house, which is bad enough—they...
More of Elfyn Llwyd's recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Dwyfor Meirionnydd
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Meirionnydd Nant Conwy
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- National Offender Management Service
- Sri Lanka
Currently held offices
- Member, Justice Committee
- PC Westminster Leader
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Constitution)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign Affairs)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Justice)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Defence)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs; Foreign and Commonwealth Office; Home Office; Defence; Justice) (21 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson (Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform; Environment, Food and Rural Affairs; Foreign Affairs; Home Affairs) (29 Aug 2007 to 21 Jul 2009)
- Spokesperson (Defence; Environment, Food and Rural Affairs; Foreign Affairs; Home Affairs) (20 Oct 2006 to 29 Aug 2007)
- Spokesperson (Constitutional Affairs; Defence; Environment, Food and Rural Affairs; Foreign Affairs; Home Affairs; Local Government) (2 Aug 2006 to 20 Oct 2006)
- Chief Whip (16 Jan 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson (Home Affairs; Housing; Environment, Food & Rural Affairs; Local Government; Foreign Affairs; Tourism) (16 Jan 2006 to 2 Aug 2006)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (to 11 Jun 2004)
- Spokesperson (Defence; Foreign Affairs; Home Affairs; Housing; Local Government; Tourism) (19 Jan 2004 to 16 Jan 2006)
- Parliamentary Leader (19 Jan 2004 to 11 May 2010)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 69 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.30% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Elfyn Llwyd’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 733 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 24 Nov 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Received on 4 December 2013, £600 plus £73 travel expenses from ITV
, Quay Street, Manchester M60 9EA for appearance on University Challenge
, recorded 30 November 2013. Hours: 6.5 hrs including travel. (Registered 16 December 2013)
11 December 2013, received £60 from BBC, Broadcasting Centre, Cardiff, CF5 2YQ for contributing to Dan yr Wyneb on 11 November 2013. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 6 January 2014)
January 2014, received £60 from
BBC Payments, PO
Box 480 Manchester M40 0EL for contributing to Dan yr Wyneb on 15 November 2013. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 21 January 2014)
From 17 March 2014, member of the Advisory Panel of
The Constables’ Central Committee
of the Police Federation
of England and Wales, Federation House, Highbury Ave, Leatherhead KT22 7UY. Expected remuneration of £5,000 per year, for attending bi-monthly meetings. (Registered 8 April 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: Casa de les Punxes, Av. Diagonal 418 1r 2a, 08037 Barcelona
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and food, total value £801.60
Destination of visit: Catalonia
Date of visit: 3-5 September 2014
Purpose of visit: cross-party fact finding visit.
(Registered 9 September 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from