A selection of Elfyn Llwyd's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against reducing central government funding of local government Details
Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
Voted moderately for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Elfyn Llwyd hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
I made my maiden speech on 19 May 1992. By all accounts, it was a brilliant speech, because nobody interrupted me and within hours it was in a bound volume. I am very proud of that. In ’92, of course, devolution was very much a minority sport. Nowadays it is central to virtually everything we do, as every Bill has on it its territorial reach. I mentioned many times in those early days...
More of Elfyn Llwyd’s recent appearances
Former Plaid Cymru MP for Dwyfor Meirionnydd
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Meirionnydd Nant Conwy
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- National Offender Management Service
- Sri Lanka
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign Affairs) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Constitution) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PC Westminster Leader (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Defence) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Justice) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (20 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (10 May 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Innovation, Universities and Skills) (20 Jun 2007 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (10 May 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education and Skills) (10 May 2006 to 10 Jun 2007)
- Shadow Chief Whip (Commons) (10 Jan 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (10 May 2005 to 10 May 2006)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 May 2004 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (10 May 2001 to 10 May 2006)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (1 Jul 1999 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (10 Jan 1999 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (20 Apr 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (1 Jul 1997 to 1 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (1 Jul 1997 to 1 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Northern Ireland) (6 May 1997 to 1 Jul 1999)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jul 1995 to 1 Jul 2001)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (1 Jul 1992 to 1 Jul 1994)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Transport) (1 Jul 1992 to 1 Jul 1994)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 23 Oct 1995)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 77 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.55% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 751 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
From 17 March 2014, member of the Advisory Panel of The Constables’ Central Committee of the Police Federation of England and Wales, Federation House, Highbury Ave, Leatherhead KT22 7UY. Expected remuneration of £5,000 per year, for attending bi-monthly meetings. (Registered 8 April 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Public Diplomacy Council of Catalonia
Address of donor: Casa de les Punxes, Av. Diagonal 418 1r 2a, 08037 Barcelona
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and food, total value £801.60
Destination of visit: Catalonia
Date of visit: 3-5 September 2014
Purpose of visit: cross-party fact finding visit.
(Registered 9 September 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from