Will the Leader of the House allow me to record my thanks to the many people who have made my job so simple during the 29-plus years that I have been in the House? I am thinking of the Clerks of the House and those who clean for us and staff the cafés and bars to make our lives straightforward. I also offer my thanks and appreciation to colleagues on both sides of the House—more...
I seem to have been speaking for 50 minutes, according to the clock. It may feel to others that it has been at least that long. In conclusion, I simply say that we need to change the culture around victim support and put victims at the centre of the criminal justice process. There are some specific points I would like to make to the Minister that I hope she will pick up. Victims who come to...
It is a pleasure to be here under your chairmanship, Mrs Riordan. The subject of the debate is victims and their treatment in the criminal justice system. There is increasing satisfaction with our police force. My own force in Greater Manchester claims that independent surveys show an 85% satisfaction level with what it is doing. Nevertheless, the fact that there is a 15% gap indicates that...
More of Tony Lloyd's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Manchester Central
Entered House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Left Parliament on 22 October 2012 — Resigned
Also represented Stretford
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Trade and Industry
- Members: Correspondence
- Asylum Seekers
- Mental Health
Other offices held in the past
- Member, North West Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Minister of State, Foreign & Commonwealth Office (5 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 176 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 938 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Apr 2012.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 1 Olympic Way, Wembley, HA9 0NP
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £1,680
Destination of visit: Gaza and Egypt
Date of visit: 22–27 July 2011
Purpose of visit: Study tour concerning situation of Palestinians in Gaza.
(Registered 14 September 2011)
Address of donor: Via Sant’Andrea delle Fratte, 16-00187 Roma, Italy
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, hotel costs and incidental costs; total £700
Date of visit: 8-11 September 2011
Purpose of visit: to attend and speak at conference of the Partito Democratico.
(Registered 2 November 2011)
Name of donor: Mr Kamel Zarka
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £2,000
Destination of visit: Lebanon
Date of visit: 4-8 January 2012
Purpose of visit: Visit to Lebanon and borders of Syria, as part of delegation of MPs organised by the Council for Arab-British Understanding
, to gain greater understanding of the political and humanitarian situation in the region.
(Registered 8 February 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from