David Lidington campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel - email them now.
David Lidington’s voting in Parliament
David Lidington is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, David Lidington sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Lidington generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
David Lidington generally voted against university tuition fees, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Lidington’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Lidington’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Lidington has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The investigation remains ongoing. Consular officials are in contact with the Danish authorities and will provide the family and the Hon. Member with any updates they receive.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has indicated that it will not be possible to answer this question within the usual time period. An answer is being prepared and will be provided as soon as it is available.
The UN publishes data on the number of people of UK origin living elsewhere, broken down by region and country. The dataset can be found at: http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/migration/d ata/estimates2/estimates15.shtml
More of David Lidington’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Aylesbury
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Customs and Excise
- RAF Halton
- Climate Change Levy
Currently held offices
- The Minister for Europe (since 13 May 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (1 Jul 2003 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Food, Farming and Environment) (5 Sep 2002 to 19 Dec 2002)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (23 Jul 2002 to 1 Jul 2003)
- Shadow Financial Secretary (8 Oct 2001 to 1 Oct 2002)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (1 Apr 1999 to 4 Oct 2001)
- Member, Education Committee (5 Jul 1993 to 17 Oct 1996)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (27 Apr 1992 to 21 Mar 1997)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all David Lidington’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.87% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 21–22 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 110 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Lidington’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1199 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from