May I associate my party with the comments that have been made about Lord Molyneaux? As the Secretary of State has said, economic progress and political stability in Northern Ireland are inextricably linked. Does she agree that the unravelling of the Stormont House agreement would be an unmitigated disaster for economic and political confidence in Northern Ireland, and that now is the time...
Does the Secretary of State intend to convene urgent all-party talks in an effort to put the Welfare Reform Bill back on track? By what date must the Bill be passed, if the Executive rather than civil servants are to set next year’s budget in Northern Ireland?
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, when she last met representatives of the Police Federation of Northern Ireland.
More of Ivan Lewis’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bury South
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Culture Media and Sport
- Northern Ireland
- Innovation and Skills
- Overseas Aid
- St Helena: Airports
- Arms Trade
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (since 7 Oct 2013)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development (5 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (Care Services) (5 May 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Skills and Vocational Education) (11 Jun 2001 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Health Committee (1 Feb 1999 to 13 Dec 1999)
- Member, Deregulation Committee (29 Jul 1997 to 16 Apr 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 131 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 141 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ivan Lewis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 589 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Deloitte LLP
(b) Address of donor: 19 Bedford Street, Belfast BT2 7EJ
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: the services of an administrator to support me in my Shadow Cabinet
role by assisting with the Heenan-Anderson Commission, from 1 December 2014 to 31 March 2015; value £6,300
(b) Date of receipt: 1 December 2014
(b) Date of acceptance: 1 December 2014
(b) Donor status: limited liability partnership
(b) (Registered 26 January 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from