Ivan Lewis’s voting in Parliament
Ivan Lewis is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Ivan Lewis sometimes differs from their party collegues, such as:
Ivan Lewis generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ivan Lewis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ivan Lewis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ivan Lewis never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what assessment she has made of the effect of the British-Irish Visa scheme on tourism.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many children were in (a) relative and (b) absolute poverty in Northern Ireland in each of the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what discussions he has had with the Northern Ireland Executive about legislation to replace the Child Poverty Act 2010.
More of Ivan Lewis’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bury South
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Culture Media and Sport
- Northern Ireland
- Innovation and Skills
- Northern Ireland Office
- Overseas Aid
- St Helena: Airports
- Arms Trade
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (since 7 Oct 2013)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development (5 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (Care Services) (5 May 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Skills and Vocational Education) (11 Jun 2001 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Health Committee (1 Feb 1999 to 13 Dec 1999)
- Member, Deregulation Committee (29 Jul 1997 to 16 Apr 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 39 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 136 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ivan Lewis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 590 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from