(Urgent Question): To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if she will make a statement on the talks process in Northern Ireland following the Prime Minister’s visit.
I thank the Secretary of State for her answer. Christmas is meant to be the season of good will, but for a second consecutive year in Northern Ireland there is a real risk that it will be a season of entrenched mistrust and political failure. The people of Northern Ireland want progress. They yearn for politicians who offer hope that the journey to a shared future, while not easy, is...
More of Ivan Lewis's recent appearances
Labour MP for Bury South
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Culture Media and Sport
- Northern Ireland
- Innovation and Skills
- Overseas Aid
- St Helena: Airports
- Arms Trade
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs), Foreign and Commonwealth Office (13 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Minister of State ( Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (10 Jun 2009 to 13 Oct 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for International Development (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Care Services), Department of Health (13 Jul 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Health (8 May 2006 to 13 Jul 2007)
- Economic Secretary, HM Treasury (11 May 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Education and Skills (4 Nov 2004 to 11 May 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Skills and Vocational Education), Department for Education and Skills (10 Sep 2004 to 4 Nov 2004)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Education and Skills (11 Jun 2001 to 10 Sep 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 142 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 58.91% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 139 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ivan Lewis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 584 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 10 Spring Gardens, London SW1A 2BN
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): travel, accommodation and meals; total £997.84
Date of visit: 14-17 November 2013
Purpose of visit: to attend the Hammamet Conference
(Registered 17 December 2013)
Name of donor: Sightsavers UK
Address of donor: Grosvenor Hall, Bolnore Rd, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 4BX
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): for myself and a staff member, flights and ground transport, accommodation and meals with a total value of £5,801.06
Destination of visit: Malawi
Date of visit: 20-26 July 2013
Purpose of visit: to visit early childhood development projects, to meet Ministers and to promote an early childhood development campaign
(Registered 18 December 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from