The introduction of the feed-in tariff will be very welcome to people such as the operators of the Torrs hydropower system in New Mills in my constituency-a community-owned hydropower station, of which I happen to be a shareholder. Is my hon. Friend aware that the big barrier is still the start-up costs of community hydro schemes? The Methodist church in Glossop is considering the possibility...
My final contribution to this House is quite fundamental. The northern half of this planet grew rich from 200 years of exploitation of carbon. Can the Minister assure us that everything is being done to ensure that the southern half of the planet can develop riches of its own without that dependence on carbon?
To ask the Minister for the Olympics if she will take steps to reduce the minimum age for Olympic volunteers from 18 to 16 years.
More of Tom Levitt's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for High Peak
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Culture Media and Sport
- Communities and Local Government
- Sight Impaired
- Disabled People
- Performance Targets
- Digital Television
- Carbon Monoxide: Poisoning
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Hilary Benn, Secretary of State), Department for International Development (before 10 Nov 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Draft Disability Discrimination Bill (Joint Committee) (to 11 Jun 2004)
- PPS (Rt Hon Hilary Benn, Secretary of State), Department for International Development (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 36 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 57 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 236 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
January 2010, payment of £150 from Ipsos Mori, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for parliamentary survey. Hours: 1 hr (Registered 23 March 2010)
March 2010, payment of £75 from ComRes
, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for parliamentary survey. Hours: 1 hr (Registered 23 March 2010)
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: Buxton Water
Address of donor : Nestle Water UK Ltd, Trinity Court, Church Street, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire WD3 1LD.
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £1098 (tickets and hospitality for two people to the Ashes cricket test match at Lords).
Date of receipt of donation: 18 July 2009
Date of acceptance of donation:18 July 2009
Donor status: company, registration number 2069102
(Registered 27 October 2009)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.