Oliver Letwin’s voting in Parliament
Oliver Letwin is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Oliver Letwin’s votes.
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Oliver Letwin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Oliver Letwin’s full vote analysis page for more.
Oliver Letwin has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The Civil Contingencies Secretariat does not make assessments of the current levels of radioactive contamination existing in upland areas across the UK. However, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) coordinates a report on radiological monitoring across the UK on behalf of Environment Agency, Scottish Environment Protection Agency, Food Standards Scotland, Natural Resource Wales and Northern...
National Security Strategy: National Security Strategy and the Strategic Defence and Security Review 2015.
Witnesses: (at 4:15 PM) Rt Hon Oliver Letwin MP
There is no current plan for Government to consult on setting up a Commissioner for Older Persons.
More of Oliver Letwin’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for West Dorset
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Culture Media and Sport
- Departmental Accountancy
- Departments: Accountancy
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Departments: Public Bodies
Currently held offices
- Minister for Government Policy (since 15 Jul 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister for Government Policy (12 May 2010 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Without portfolio (8 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Environment) (10 May 2005 to 8 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer (10 Nov 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Home Office) (1 Sep 2001 to 10 Nov 2003)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (26 Sep 2000 to 18 Sep 2001)
- Shadow Financial Secretary (23 Jul 1999 to 10 Jan 2000)
- Opposition Spokesperson (Constitutional Affairs, Scotland and Wales) (1 Jul 1998 to 23 Jul 1999)
- Member, Deregulation Committee (23 Feb 1998 to 2 Jul 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Oliver Letwin’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.55% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 124 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Oliver Letwin’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 888 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 May 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Ilchester Estates
Address of donor: The Estate Office, Melbury Sampford, Dorchester DT2 0LF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: company, registration 01006592
(Registered 20 May 2015
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
My wife and I let out rooms in our London home: (i) and (ii). (Registered 25 April 2012
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from