How Oliver Letwin voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Get email notifications when Oliver Letwin votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Oliver Letwin hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Conservative MP for West Dorset
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Culture Media and Sport
- Departmental Accountancy
- Departments: Accountancy
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Departments: Public Bodies
Currently held offices
- Minister for Government Policy
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister for Government Policy (12 May 2010 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Chairman of the Policy Review & Chairman of the Conservative Research Department, The Conservative Party (6 Jan 2009 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Chairman of Policy Review and Chairman of the Conservative Research Department, The Conservative Party (9 Jul 2007 to 6 Jan 2009)
- Chairman of Policy Review and Chairman of the Conservative Research Department, Conservative Party (6 Jul 2007 to 9 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment Food & Rural Affairs, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Economic Affairs & Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer, Economic Affairs (10 May 2004 to 20 May 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.17% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 117 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Oliver Letwin’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 877 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Ilchester Estates
(a) Address of donor: The Estate Office, Melbury Sampford, Dorchester, Dorset DT2 0LF
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
(a) Donor status: company, registration 01006592
(a) (Registered 12 May 2014)
8. Land and Property
My wife and I derive rental income from letting out rooms in our London home. (Registered 25 April 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from