How Christopher Leslie voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Get email notifications when Christopher Leslie speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Christopher Leslie hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Labour MP for Nottingham East
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Shipley
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Innovation and Skills
- Public Expenditure
- Bank Services
Currently held offices
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (since 7 Oct 2013)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 Jun 2003 to 11 May 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Constitutional Affairs) (13 Jun 2003 to 5 May 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Cabinet Office) (11 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 5 Nov 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 116 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 21 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Christopher Leslie’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1042 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 23 Feb 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: (1) 10 St James
’s Square, London SW1Y 4LE; (2) 14 Great College St, London SW1P 3RX
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): (1) Return flights at £453.64 and car parking at £60.70; (2) Hotel stay for two nights at £254; £768.34 in total
Date of visit: 5-7 June 2014
Purpose of visit: To attend British-Polish round table event
(Registered 10 June 2014)
8. Land and Property
Terraced house in London from which I derive rental income. (Registered 12 August 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from