To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department whether his Department examined visa requirements for students wishing to enter other countries with a substantial English language teaching sector in its recent revision of the Tier 4 points-based system.
I suspect that my hon. Friend will give us some more information about the number of workers employed on the scheme. Does he share my concern that possible redundancies of some of Network Rail's engineering staff could compromise not only the Thameslink programme, but important maintenance work in the whole Southern region?
Does my hon. Friend agree that First Capital Connect should have been swifter in coming forward with a compensation package for regular travellers on the line, and does he share my hope that even now it will widen the scope of that package?
More of David Lepper's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Brighton, Pavilion
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left Parliament on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Lord Chancellor
- Legal Services Commission
- Public Sector Leasehold
- Schools (Brighton and Hove)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, South East Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 22 Nov 2005)
- Chairman, Broadcasting Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Finance & Services Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 46 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 129 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 89 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Municipality of Morphou and the Association of Cypriot Municipalities
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): I have been unable to ascertain the exact value but, as it includes return air fare for me to Larnaca, hotel accommodation and meals for myself and my wife and travel within Cyprus I believe that it might exceed £650. My wife paid her own return air fare.
Destination of visit: Nicosia
Date of visit: 10 - 13 October 2009
Purpose of visit: to attend the Morphou Rally and related political meetings
(Registered 6 November 2009)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from