The 2008 fuel poverty statistics report will be published on 14 October 2010. This will contain the 2008 fuel poverty numbers for England and the UK. Final figures can be produced only after analysis of the detailed housing survey results. However, to address this lag, we published projected levels of fuel poverty for 2008 and 2009 in England in the most recent annual report on fuel poverty...
The hon. Gentleman, who is my near neighbour in Staffordshire, is right that there were sustained price rises between 2004 and 2008 that have increased fuel poverty. That is a matter of concern to all hon. Members. We are adapting our policies to cope with that, not least, I hope, by obtaining the House's final approval tonight for the Energy Bill, which will allow us to introduce social...
I am sure it is right that a diverse energy supply will help us to keep control of energy prices, and clean fossil fuels such as coal will assist in that. That is why we are world leaders with our levy for supporting four commercial demonstration models of carbon capture and storage.
More of David Kidney's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Stafford
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left Parliament on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Departmental Vehicles
- Local Government Finance
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Energy and Climate Change (13 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Energy and Climate Change (10 Jun 2009 to 13 Oct 2009)
- Member, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 Nov 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department for Work and Pensions (16 Oct 2008 to unknown)
- PPS (Rt Hon Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department for Transport (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Oct 2008)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (27 Apr 2007 to 3 Jun 2008)
- Member, Draft Legal ServicesBill (Joint Committee) (3 Aug 2006 to 27 Apr 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon David Miliband, Secretary of State), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Mr Elliot Morley, Minister of State), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (before 10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (1 Nov 2005 to 8 Dec 2009)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (29 Jun 2005 to 8 Dec 2009)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 26 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 18 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 42 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 514 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.