Is my hon. Friend content with clause 31, on the digital switchover? It is estimated that the costs to the consumer will be £800 million, and there is no sign of manufacturers of DAB radios producing cheap radios, no estimate of the cost of throwing away millions of existing FM sets, no sign that the motor car industry is going to come up with the goods- [Interruption.] A Labour Back...
The people of Estonia have held this country in particular regard ever since the intervention of the Royal Navy in their war of independence after the first world war. In fashioning the future foreign and defence policy of this country, will this Government and the next never forget the professionalism and sacrifice of Estonian forces fighting alongside British forces in Afghanistan and the...
More of Robert Key’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Salisbury
Entered House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Left Parliament on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Married Quarters Estate
- South West Regional Assembly
- Munitions Depots
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (6 Mar 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Human Tissue and Embryos Bill (Joint Committee) (14 May 2007 to 3 Jun 2008)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (20 Dec 2005 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Finance & Services Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Defence Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (20 Jan 2005 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment and Transport (19 Nov 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Economic Affairs (18 Nov 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (21 Sep 2004 to 12 Oct 2004)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Chairman, Information Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Finance & Services Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 51 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 43 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 59.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 48 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 765 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from