In the horrific case of John Paul Massey in my constituency, a focus on the breed disrupted and undermined the partnership that needs to work between a housing association and the police when the public report concerns about the behaviour of dogs. Chipping dogs and encouraging owners to be trained in ownership, not focusing on the breed, is the way forward.
Thank you, Mr. Speaker. It is my swansong too, and I am grateful for your generosity. Has my hon. Friend seen early-day motion 1142? Does he accept that it ought to be a matter of concern to the Government that a decision at Warwick university, which I perfectly understand, is risking the applied science research base in agriculture and horticulture in the UK? It would be very helpful if...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health (1) when he expects to make a decision on the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital's Trust's building project; and if he will make a statement; (2) what recent representations he has received on the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital's Trust's proposed building project; and if he will make a statement.
More of Jane Kennedy's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Liverpool, Wavertree
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left Parliament on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Also represented Liverpool Broadgreen
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Liverpool City Council
- Southern Lebanon
- Community Policing: Liverpool
- Four Wheeled-drive Cars
- Community Care
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (13 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Farming and the Environment), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (14 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (6 Oct 2008 to 14 Oct 2008)
- Financial Secretary, HM Treasury (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Minister of State (Quality and Patient Safety), Department of Health (9 Jan 2006 to 8 May 2006)
- Minister of State, Department of Health (11 May 2005 to 9 Jan 2006)
- Minister of State (Work), Department for Work and Pensions (1 Apr 2004 to 11 May 2005)
- Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (11 Jun 2001 to 1 Apr 2004)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Lord Chancellor's Department (11 Oct 1999 to 11 Jun 2001)
- Government Whip (technically a Lords Commissioner, HM Treasury) (28 Jul 1998 to 11 Oct 1999)
- Assistant Whip (funded by HM Treasury) (6 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.82% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 570 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Labour Friends of Israel
Address of donor: BM LFI
, 38 Great Smith Street, London SW1P 3BU
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £1528; travel, accommodation and hospitality within Israel and Palestine. Some hospitality provided by the Palestinian Legislative Council, the Palestinian Authority and the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Destination of visit: Israel and Palestine
Date of visit: 13-18 September 2009
Purpose of visit: fact-finding visit with Labour Friends of Israel.
(Registered 12 October 2009)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from