How Gerald Kaufman voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Gerald Kaufman occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Is the hon. Gentleman aware that I warned Yitzhak Rabin, the former Israeli Prime Minister, that if he did not make peace with Fatah, he would be left with Hamas? He made the effort and was murdered for his pains by another Jew. Will the Minister make it clear that, with the death toll rising to 600, which includes the murder of 25 members of one extended family, he will join John Kerry, who...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department when she intends to reply to the letter to her dated 4 June 2014 from the right hon. Member for Manchester, Gorton with regard to Mr M Ilyas.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department when she intends to reply to the letter to the Foreign Secretary dated 2 June 2014 from the right hon. Member for Manchester, Gorton with regard to Mr H R Chowdhury, transferred to her.
More of Gerald Kaufman's recent appearances
Labour MP for Manchester, Gorton
Entered House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Also represented Manchester Ardwick
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Members: Correspondence
- West Coast Railway Line
- Greater Manchester
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (3 Dec 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Committee (4 Oct 2006 to 3 Dec 2008)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (1 Nov 2005 to 4 Oct 2006)
- Chairman, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 142 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 247 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gerald Kaufman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1613 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Address of donor : Members Hill, Brooklands Rd, Weybridge, KT13 0QU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets, transport to and from London, and associated hospitality at Glyndebourne at an approximate value of £1,278
Date of receipt of donation: 13 June 2013
Date of acceptance of donation: 13 June 2013
Donor status: company, registration 01501573
(Registered 19 June 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.