How Gerald Kaufman voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted moderately against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Get email notifications when Gerald Kaufman votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Gerald Kaufman occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department when she plans to reply to the letter to her dated 14 July 2014 from the right hon. Member for Manchester, Gorton with regards to Dr M. Naz.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department when she plans to reply to the letter to her dated 22 July 2014 from the right hon. Member for Manchester, Gorton with regards to Mr Kenny Edobor Friday Ake.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department when she plans to reply to the letter to her dated 12 June 2014 from the right hon. Member for Manchester, Gorton with regards to Mr E. M. Bendoki.
More of Gerald Kaufman's recent appearances
Labour MP for Manchester, Gorton
Entered House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Also represented Manchester Ardwick
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Members: Correspondence
- West Coast Railway Line
- Greater Manchester
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (3 Dec 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Committee (4 Oct 2006 to 3 Dec 2008)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (1 Nov 2005 to 4 Oct 2006)
- Chairman, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 121 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 244 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gerald Kaufman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1613 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from