How Gerald Kaufman voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted moderately against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Gerald Kaufman occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport when he intends to reply to the letter to him dated 26 February 2014 from the right hon. Member for Manchester, Gorton with regard to Mrs J Higham.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (1) when he intends to reply to the letter to him dated 7 February 2014 from the right hon. Member for Manchester, Gorton regarding Mr J Rossi-Stephenson; (2) when he intends to reply to the letter to him dated 7 February 2014 from the right hon. Member for Manchester, Gorton with regard to Mr J Rossi-Stephenson; (3)...
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs when he plans to reply to the letter to him dated 20 February 2014 from the right hon. Member for Manchester, Gorton with regard to Ms T Morris.
More of Gerald Kaufman's recent appearances
Labour MP for Manchester, Gorton
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Members: Correspondence
- Greater Manchester
- West Coast Railway Line
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (3 Dec 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Committee (4 Oct 2006 to 3 Dec 2008)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (1 Nov 2005 to 4 Oct 2006)
- Chairman, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 131 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 245 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gerald Kaufman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1609 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Address of donor : Members Hill, Brooklands Rd, Weybridge, KT13 0QU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets, transport to and from London, and associated hospitality at Glyndebourne at an approximate value of £1,278
Date of receipt of donation: 13 June 2013
Date of acceptance of donation: 13 June 2013
Donor status: company, registration 01501573
(Registered 19 June 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.