How Helen Jones voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition feesDetails
- Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Helen Jones hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many passport renewals for people in (a) Warrington borough and (b) Warrington North constituency were completed within three weeks of receipt in each year since 2009 and in 2014 to date.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport how much was spent on concessionary travel in Warrington in each year since 2008-09.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many people in (a) Warrington and (b) Warrington North constituency were in receipt of pension credit in each year from 2008-09.
More of Helen Jones's recent appearances
Labour MP for Warrington North
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Mersey Regional Ambulance Service
- Strokes: Health Services
- Cheshire and Merseyside SHA
- Council Tax
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Member, Selection Committee (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Government Whip (technically Vice Chamberlain, HM Household) (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (funded by HM Treasury) (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Dawn Primarolo, Minister of State), Department of Health (28 Jun 2007 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 27 Nov 2007)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 177 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.80% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 125 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Helen Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 348 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.