Helen Jones’s voting in Parliament
Helen Jones is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Helen Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Helen Jones generally voted against introducing foundation hospitals, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Helen Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Helen Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Helen Jones occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Will the Secretary of State give way?
Will the Secretary of State give way?
I am sorry, but the Secretary of State is being disingenuous. He knows that the whole local government finance system, set up under the previous Government’s Local Finance Act 2012, takes no account of need. His social care precept will raise the most money in areas that have the highest council tax base, not in areas where there is greatest need, which tend to have the lowest council...
More of Helen Jones’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Warrington North
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Mersey Regional Ambulance Service
- Strokes: Health Services
- Cheshire and Merseyside SHA
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Member, Finance Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
- Chair, Petitions Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (11 Jun 2009 to 13 Oct 2010)
- Government Whip (10 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Dawn Primarolo, Minister of State), Department of Health (28 Jun 2007 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Nov 2007)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (20 Oct 2003 to 8 Nov 2007)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (24 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (17 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Education Sub-committee (14 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (13 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (1 Jun 1999 to 1 Jun 2000)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (3 Feb 1998 to 9 Feb 2000)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 90 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 58.85% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 118 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Helen Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 384 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 Dec 2015.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Warrington North Parliamentary Association
Address of donor: 28 Lyndale Avenue, Orford, Warrington WA2 8EP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,342.76
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 02 June 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my husband, Mike Vobe, as Senior Parliamentary Assistant.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from