Will my hon. Friend give way?
On a point of order, Mr Betts. Would it be possible at this point, as this is possibly my right hon. Friend’s last speech in the House, to record our appreciation of his service over many years, particularly to his constituents, and his devoted service to the national health service, from which we have all benefited?
I congratulate the right hon. Member for Chesham and Amersham (Mrs Gillan) on securing this debate. In the short time available to me, I will focus on an issue of great concern to my constituents. The Hoo Green to Bamfurlong spur would be the whitest of white elephants. Building it would destroy two villages in my constituency, Culcheth and Hollins Green, and inflict serious environemtnal...
More of Helen Jones’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Warrington North
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Mersey Regional Ambulance Service
- Strokes: Health Services
- Cheshire and Merseyside SHA
- Council Tax
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (11 Jun 2009 to 13 Oct 2010)
- The Vice-Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Household (10 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Dawn Primarolo, Minister of State), Department of Health (28 Jun 2007 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Nov 2007)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (20 Oct 2003 to 8 Nov 2007)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (24 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (17 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Education Sub-committee (14 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (13 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (1 Jun 1999 to 1 Jun 2000)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (3 Feb 1998 to 9 Feb 2000)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 139 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 123 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Helen Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 356 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from