My right hon. Friend is rightly outlining this Government’s failures on health. Is he aware that towns such as Warrington face a triple whammy, whereby the number of full-time equivalent GPs is down, ambulance response times are up and yet while this Government last year gave £10 million to Cheshire West and Chester to deal with winter pressures, they gave absolutely nothing to the...
What assessment she has made of the findings of the report by Her Majesty’s inspectorate of constabulary on Cheshire police’s handling of rape cases; and if she will make a statement.
I am grateful to the Minister for that reply, but the chief constable was quoted as saying: “HMIC questioned the administration process of recording the crimes at fault, not the investigations into them.” Does that not show that he has failed to grasp the seriousness of the situation? With a chief constable who is so complacent and a police and crime commissioner who has been...
More of Helen Jones's recent appearances
Labour MP for Warrington North
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Mersey Regional Ambulance Service
- Strokes: Health Services
- Cheshire and Merseyside SHA
- Council Tax
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Member, Selection Committee (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Government Whip (technically Vice Chamberlain, HM Household) (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (funded by HM Treasury) (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Dawn Primarolo, Minister of State), Department of Health (28 Jun 2007 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 27 Nov 2007)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 164 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.35% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 126 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Helen Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 348 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from