Bernard Jenkin’s voting in Parliament
Bernard Jenkin is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Bernard Jenkin sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Bernard Jenkin almost always voted against fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bernard Jenkin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bernard Jenkin’s full vote analysis page for more.
Bernard Jenkin has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
(Urgent Question:) To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer to set out his latest assessment of the UK economy following the result of the EU referendum, which he has published today; and if he will make a statement.
I reflect on the fact that obesity was rather less of a crisis for the House this afternoon than I imagined it would be, Mr Speaker. May I first say to the Minister that we all know that these forecasts are just rubbish being produced by a Government who are now obsessed with producing propaganda to try to get their way in the vote rather than enlightening the public? Has this report been...
Thank you, Mr Speaker. I accept your admonition with good grace.
More of Bernard Jenkin’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Harwich and North Essex
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented North Essex; Colchester North
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Trade and Industry
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Regional Assemblies
- Departmental Press: Subscriptions
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Protection of Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (6 Nov 2014 to 3 Feb 2015)
- Member, Parliamentary Privilege (Joint Committee) (3 Dec 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Public Administration Committee (10 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Mar 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Defence Committee (27 Nov 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Deputy Chair, Conservative Party (1 Dec 2005 to 7 Nov 2006)
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (10 May 2005 to 8 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State (The Regions) (1 Oct 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (1 Sep 2001 to 1 Oct 2003)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (19 Jun 1998 to 1 Sep 2001)
- Opposition Spokesperson (Environment, Transport and the Regions) (1 Jan 1998 to 19 Jun 1998)
- Opposition Spokesperson (Constitutional Affairs, Scotland and Wales) (1 Jul 1997 to 1 Jul 1998)
- Member, Social Security Committee (6 Dec 1993 to 21 Mar 1997)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 May 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Aros Corporation Limited, 112 Eversleigh Road, London SW11 5XB, (formerly Envoy Media, 11 Grosvenor Crescent, London SW1X 7EE), for regular column in Diplomat Magazine. Two hours work per month:
22 May 2015
, received £250 for article. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 28 May 2015)
14 October 2015
, received £250 for article. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 21 October 2015)
15 December 2015
, received £250 for article. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 29 December 2015)
7 February 2016
, received £250 for article. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 08 February 2016)
2 May 2016
, received £325 for article. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 03 May 2016; updated 06 May 2016)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Thomas Bates
and Sons Ltd
Address of donor: The Old Brickworks, Church Road, Harold Wood, Romford RM3 0JA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
Donor status: company, registration 00218682
(Registered 29 May 2015)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Richard Matthews
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: a day’s shooting; value £1,500
Date received: 17 October 2015
Date accepted: 17 October 2015
Donor status: individual
(Registered 21 October 2015)
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
Rental income from lodgers at my main home in London: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from