How Eric Illsley voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted a mixture of for and against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT Source
See more votes Eric Illsley has made recently in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Eric Illsley occasionally rebelled against their party in their last parliament
The Minister has already announced that Barnsley county court will be retained, but can he confirm that he has accepted the view of most of the statutory agencies that the county court should be joined with the magistrates court? Is that merger going to take place?
How does the Minister square what he has just said about preserving libraries with the effects of the comprehensive spending review and the cuts in financing to local government, given that one of the first areas to face closure will be local library provision?
Yorkshire Forward, the Yorkshire regional development agency, owns assets in my constituency in Barnsley that are crucial for a major redevelopment programme in the town centre. Will the Prime Minister look urgently at ensuring that the ownership of those assets is transferred from Yorkshire Forward to the local authority so that the programme can go ahead? Could that transfer be facilitated...
More of Eric Illsley's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Barnsley Central
Entered House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Left Parliament on 8 February 2011 — Resigned
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Safety Cameras
- Vocational Training: South Yorkshire
- Power Stations
- Falkland Islands: Air Routes
Other offices held in the past
- Chairman, Yorkshire and the Humber Regional Select Committee (6 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Yorkshire and the Humber Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 6 Mar 2009)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Procedure Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Chairman, Banking Bill Committee (2 out of 17)
- Chairman, Planning Bill Committee (8 out of 18)
- Chairman, Finance Bill Committee (6 out of 14)
- Chairman, UK Borders Bill Committee (7 out of 14)
- Chairman, Health Bill Committee (8 out of 12)
- Chairman, Company Law Reform Bill Committee (12 out of 22)
- Chairman, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Bill Committee (2 out of 10)
- Chairman, Drugs Bill Committee (4 out of 6)
- Chairman, Education Bill Committee (0 out of 2)
- Gambling Bill Committee (2 out of 14)
- Chairman, Gangmasters (Licensing) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Gambling Bill Committee (4 out of 6)
- Chairman, Horserace Betting and Olympic Lottery Bill Committee (3 out of 5)
- Chairman, Criminal Justice Bill Committee (17 out of 32)
- Chairman, Sustainable Energy Bill Committee (3 out of 3)
- Chairman, Industrial Development (Financial Assistance) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Courts Bill Committee (2 out of 7)
- Chairman, Equine Welfare (Ragwort Control) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Football (Disorder) (Amendment) Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Chairman, Commonhold & Leasehold Reform Bill Committee (2 out of 8)
- Chairman, Animal Health Bill Committee (3 out of 6)
- Chairman, Employee Share Schemes Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Land Registration Bill Committee (3 out of 3)
- Chairman, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Bill Committee (5 out of 10)
- Chairman, Christmas Day (Trading) Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 53.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 301 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Feb 2011.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Parliamentary adviser to the Caravan Club, East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19 1UA. (£5,001–£10,000)I
Fees for completing opinion surveys for Communications Research Ltd, 4 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA:
Received £75 for completing an opinion survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 25 March 2010)
Received £75 for completing an opinion survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 27 May 2010)
Received £75 for completing an opinion survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 14 July 2010)
Received £75 for completing an opinion survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 19 October 2010)
Received £75 for completing an opinion survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 28 January 2011)
£75 received for completing an opinion survey for Populus Ltd
. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 19 October 2010)
Fees for completing surveys for the BPRI Group, 24-28 Bloomsbury Way, London, WC1A 2PX:
£75 received on 30 March 2010 for completing an opinion survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 8 April 2010)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from