What his most recent assessment is of the effectiveness of Government support for local authority regeneration initiatives in the north-west; and if he will make a statement.
A clear indication of the effectiveness of the Government's plans for regeneration in Blackpool has been the substantial rise-in some instances, 40 per cent.-in the numbers of visitors to the town. Some have come to see the new St. John's square, the Brilliance project and the new promenade taking shape. Will the Minister continue, therefore, to support regeneration projects in Blackpool and...
Does the Minister share my concern and that of many other Blackpool residents that our local Conservative council is refusing to put in an extra £148,000 to repair the many potholes that have appeared after the winter, when it has £6.8 million in reserves?
More of Joan Humble's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Blackpool North and Fleetwood
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- Armed Forces: Training
- Armed Services
- Harassment Investigations
- Armed Forces: Suicide
- Armed Forces: Death
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Mental Incapacity Bill (Joint Committee) (to 11 Jun 2004)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Local Authorities (Overview and Scrutiny) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Bill Committee (7 out of 18)
- Autism Bill Committee (3 out of 3)
- Chairman, Energy Bill Committee (7 out of 15)
- Chairman, Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Bill Committee (4 out of 7)
- Chairman, Crown Employment (Nationality) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Chairman, Charities Bill Committee (5 out of 9)
- Chairman, Animal Welfare Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Gambling Bill Committee (2 out of 14)
- Fire and Rescue Services Bill Committee (7 out of 11)
- Gambling Bill Committee (6 out of 6)
- Age-Related Payments Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Mental Capacity Bill Committee (10 out of 12)
- Criminal Justice Bill Committee (29 out of 32)
- Employment Bill Committee (17 out of 17)
- Criminal Justice and Police Bill Committee (11 out of 15)
- Social Security Fraud Bill Committee (3 out of 3)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 18 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 61 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 181 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.