How Lindsay Hoyle voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Has never voted on raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Has never voted on reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Get email notifications when Lindsay Hoyle speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lindsay Hoyle never rebelled against their party in this parliament
For up to two minutes, I call Sir Edward Leigh.
Order. There have to be short interventions. Sir William, you have already had a speech. We do not want you to make another one. A short intervention was all that Mr Drax needed.
Order. It is up to the Minister to give way before the hon. Gentleman can come in. Let us leave it that way; we are not changing the rules today.
More of Lindsay Hoyle's recent appearances
Labour MP for Chorley
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Official Cars
- Forensic Science Service
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance and Services Committee
- Member, Panel of Chairs
- Chairman of Ways and Means
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (29 Jun 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Catering Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 130 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 0.27% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 45 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 127 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lindsay Hoyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 500 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): return flights to Gibraltar, value £785 and hotel accommodation for 2 nights, value £300; total value £1,085
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 18-21 September 2013
Purpose of visit: meeting Governor and civic dignitaries
(Registered 14 October 2013)
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: Gibraltar House, 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): return flights to Gibraltar, value £400 and hotel accommodation, value £300; total value £700
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 7-11 June 2014
Purpose of visit: meeting Governor and government officials
(Registered 8 August 2014)
8. Land and Property
Commercial leasehold property at Adlington, Chorley. No rental income received since 2011. (Updated 14 October 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from