How Lindsay Hoyle voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Has never voted on raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Get email notifications when Lindsay Hoyle speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lindsay Hoyle never rebelled against their party in this parliament
The responsibility to answer a question lies with the Minister. The right hon. Member for East Ham (Stephen Timms) has been tenacious in holding the Minister to account. That is the role of Members: to hold Ministers and Departments to account. I am sure that that will continue if he does not get the answer today.
What we need to do is to get to the end of the debate. The point is well made and it has been taken on board.
Order. [Interruption.] Order, everybody! Let us have a little bit of Christmas spirit. The Minister must give way when there is a point of order.
More of Lindsay Hoyle's recent appearances
Labour MP for Chorley
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Official Cars
- Forensic Science Service
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance and Services Committee
- Member, Panel of Chairs
- Chairman of Ways and Means
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (29 Jun 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Catering Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 124 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 0.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 45 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 127 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lindsay Hoyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 505 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): return flights to Gibraltar, value £400 and hotel accommodation, value £300; total value £700
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 7-11 June 2014
Purpose of visit: meeting Governor and government officials
(Registered 8 August 2014)
8. Land and Property
Commercial leasehold property at Adlington, Chorley. No rental income received since 2011. (Updated 14 October 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from