Before I call the first speaker, it might be helpful if I point out that the time display has been the subject of a technology failure. Although it is telling the correct time, it is saying that the speech time is already 7 minutes 29 seconds. I say that not because I anticipate any pressure on time, but to prevent anybody who is wondering how long they have been speaking from thinking it is...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the effect of the availability in obtaining dispensing appliance contractor licenses on patients with complex conditions.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment his Department has made of the ease with which small and medium-sized businesses can obtain a dispensing appliance contractor licence; and if he will make a statement.
More of George Howarth's recent appearances
Labour MP for Knowsley
Entered House of Commons on 13 November 1986 — unknown
Also represented Knowsley North and Sefton East; Knowsley North
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Lord Chancellor
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Tram and Light Rail Schemes
- Social Rented Housing
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (since 30 Jan 2012)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 13 Oct 2009)
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Joint Committee) (since 17 Jul 2005)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (15 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Armed Forces Bill Committee (3 Aug 2006 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (13 Jun 2006 to 23 May 2008)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (17 May 2006 to 31 Oct 2006)
- Chair, Armed Forces Bill Committee (20 Dec 2005 to 9 May 2006)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (19 Dec 2005 to 3 Aug 2006)
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Cabinet Office) Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons (13 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (22 Jul 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (20 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (15 May 2002 to 10 Sep 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (29 Jul 1999 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Northern Ireland Office (28 Jul 1999 to 11 Jun 2001)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (6 May 1997 to 29 Jul 1999)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (5 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1999)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (1 Jun 1994 to 1 Jun 1997)
- Member, Members' Interests (4 Apr 1990 to 11 May 1990)
- Member, Environment (19 Dec 1989 to 16 May 1990)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jun 1989 to 1 Jun 1994)
- Member, Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (28 Jan 1987 to 15 Dec 1989)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 39 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.06% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 96 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on George Howarth’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 760 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 23 Feb 2015.
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 10 April 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0EB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £3,640 total including flights £2,350, hotels £900, meals £250 and transportation £140
Destination of visit: Taiwan
Date of visit: 19-26 October 2014
Purpose of visit: to foster good relations between the UK and Taiwan; to learn more about Taiwan, in particular their transportation (including high speed railways), national health system and policy concerning relations with mainland China.
(Registered 6 November 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from