Order. Time will not be added on for this intervention.
Order. I am afraid I have to allow time for the two Front-Bench speakers, and the spokesman for the Scottish National party also has to take part. I will have to restrict the remaining Back-Bench speech to three minutes. I call David Mowat.
Before I call Graham Stringer, I will have to impose a five-minute limit on speeches. It is unfortunate that I have to do so, but it is the only way that I can contemplate getting everyone in.
More of George Howarth’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Knowsley
Entered the House of Commons on 13 November 1986 — unknown
Also represented Knowsley North and Sefton East; Knowsley North
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Lord Chancellor
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Tram and Light Rail Schemes
- Social Rented Housing
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (30 Jan 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (13 Oct 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (17 May 2006 to 31 Oct 2006)
- Chair, Armed Forces Bill Committee (20 Dec 2005 to 9 May 2006)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (19 Dec 2005 to 20 Dec 2005)
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Joint Committee) (17 Jul 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (13 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (20 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (15 May 2002 to 10 Sep 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (29 Jul 1999 to 7 Jun 2001)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (6 May 1997 to 29 Jul 1999)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (1 Jun 1994 to 1 Jun 1997)
- Member, Members' Interests Committee (4 Apr 1990 to 11 May 1990)
- Member, Environment Committee (19 Dec 1989 to 16 May 1990)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jun 1989 to 1 Jun 1994)
- Member, Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (28 Jan 1987 to 15 Dec 1989)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 51 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 59.46% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 87 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on George Howarth’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 763 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from